Remington 700 police 5r

junior660

Picked up new remington 700 police 5r model #86591 was wondering if I got a good deal. Haven't been able to find much on it any info would be greatly appreciated.

Both my 5R's are good shooters. As long as you got what you wanted and are happy with the rifle, then you got a good deal!

It was at gunbroker the store was super pawn hinesville ga they had 4, two with 20 inch barrel and two with 24.

You should really enjoy the 5R rifling in that barrel. I have 2 of the actual "5R Milspec" models (stainless w/ the green/black stocks). One is a 10th Anniversary 24" .308 Win, the other a 26" .300 WinMag. The 5R Barrels seem to break-in easily, and are very smooth and easy to clean. It took my .308 Win over 200 rounds before it started to throw shots from copper fouling between cleanings one time. That gun also shoots .25-.50" groups on average with handloads. I hope you get the same performance out of yours.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.