Reloading manuals?????

I would love to have a copy of the Speer manual showing the .223 test fired with a mini-14. I have lost my copy and would like to have that load data again. Thanks
John
That would be Speer #10 what loads are you thinking of? I'll see what I can do for you.

Western powders has some good reading on they're online load data. Some old school things I still follow are leaving the powder primer container on the bench that I'm using etc. Wonder if any of the old school stuff is even mentioned in a new reloading books?
Very little is mentioned in the newer books, on really old school loads, I think it's an attorney thing, plus it makes the manual cost more the more pages you add.

That would be Speer #10 what loads are you thinking of? I'll see what I can do for you.
The .223 data shot with a Ruger mini-14 is what I'm interested in. Those old books used actual rifles for their data and #10 was the first one to use the mimi-14 if I recall. Thanks
John

I use both, I still find that the manuals come in handy especially for older loads that may have been dropped over the years as well as for odd calibers. A few past pic's... I usually add new books as they come out, well the good ones anyway, these pictures don't include more I've added since the photos were taken. Can you ever have too much information? Nope! It's amazing some of the loads those old reloading pamphlet handouts have in them, you know the ones you use to be able to pick up in the shops for free when you bought the powder brand for the handout. I think I have one of the original LEE manuals that I picked up in 1963 and as I recall it was my first one, as well as some really old ones, believe or not the old, old cast bullet manuals came in very handy when I first started developing subsonic loads back in the day when folks were just really getting into suppressors and subsonic ammo game, there wasn't any around to speak of. Cheers.

View attachment 336875View attachment 336876View attachment 336877View attachment 336878View attachment 336896
View attachment 336899
Now that is what I'm talking about. :cool:

I still use Reloading manuals, and never throw out the old ones. I have used loads from LOADDATA also. I also use the manufacture's website. There is a lot of good info in the manuals, if you read it.

Now that is what I'm talking about. :cool:

I didn't see a couple, but maybe you have these?

1643744134183.png

1643744301262.png

1643744353647.png

You could get by with no paper manuals at all but I like them and almost walked out of the LGS with the new Sierra manual the other day if I hadn't of been spending $255 on 8lbs of powder I probably would have grabbed it.

The complete Sierra manual can be d/l to your phone / tablet. Fast & and easy to look up loads by cartridge. Under $10 annually IIRC.

Recent Posts