Reloading Manuals

quigley257

I have a number of different loading manuals including Hornady, Nosler and Speer. I was looking on Amazon the other day at Lyman manuals. What is the difference between the 49 and 50th editions? The 49th is crazy expensive while the 50th is around $30-40. I'm looking for more data for cast bullets and have seen the Lee and Lyman manuals mentioned as good choices. Really curious why the big price discrepancy between the two editions. Thanks!!

I have a number of different loading manuals including Hornady, Nosler and Speer. I was looking on Amazon the other day at Lyman manuals. What is the difference between the 49 and 50th editions? The 49th is crazy expensive while the 50th is around $30-40. I'm looking for more data for cast bullets and have seen the Lee and Lyman manuals mentioned as good choices. Really curious why the big price discrepancy between the two editions. Thanks!!
I have the 49th ed, and I paid about what you have noted for the 50th. I do not know if the problem with Amazon pricing or the source/supplier/manufacturer is price gouging.

Thanks for that. I didn't know if there was something vastly different about the 49th that I was missing. I'll check other sources to see if pricing is out of line.

There is a difference in price between the soft cover and hard cover versions of each edition. Maybe that is what you are seeing.
I have the 49th and 50th editions and Lyman added several new cartridges in the 50th. They are a great source of info for cast loads and reduced loads.

If you're looking mainly for cast bullets info, get the Lyman 4th for Cast Bullets.
OIP.jpeg.jpg

There is a difference in price between the soft cover and hard cover versions of each edition. Maybe that is what you are seeing.
I have the 49th and 50th editions and Lyman added several new cartridges in the 50th. They are a great source of info for cast loads and reduced loads.
What I see on Amazon is the 49th priced at well over $100 while the 50th is around $30.

At that price it would need to be gold embossed!
There is nothing that I have seen in the 49th edition that isn't in the 50th edition but the 50th does include loading data for newer cartridges.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.