Reloading manuals?????

I said"I was old and like paper manuals". I didn't say anything about being a fossil. All kidding aside I didn't say I never use electronic or online reference materials I use them quite a bit but I also like paper manuals. My boys are all digital native's and they rarely use paper for much of anything. I applaud anyone past retirement age that is a prolific online digital data user. You sir are in the minority.

SAAMI .223 vs 5.56 NATO

Yes I know it "can be done", that doesn't make it wise or safe and when making suggestions to other for loads it's always really wise to err on the side of caution.

I agree, my quote... "I'm not saying it can't happen to someone else, it's just my experience." ;)

Not exactly a "Powder only" Reloading Manual, but got this 320 page book on the "ABC's of Reloading"-First Edition. It does have some data for powders to use in the cartridges of that day. Got this book in the early 70's and is in great shape for almost 50 years old. Cost was Six Dollars and Ninety Five Cents. was written by DEAN GRENNEL.
Has just about everything you wanted to know about reloading Rifle, Pistol, and Shotgun cartridges with the modern equipment for the time period.
I look at it every now and then to see how reloading practices have not changed too much, but tech advancements in some of today's equipment!
I see a lot of Posts on LRH discussing issues with brass, primers, bullets, loads, accuracy, ect and I can look in this book and it has the answers from 50 years ago.

Attachments

• ABC for Reloading First edition.jpg
    ABC for Reloading First edition.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 80
Not exactly a "Powder only" Reloading Manual, but got this 320 page book on the "ABC's of Reloading"-First Edition. It does have some data for powders to use in the cartridges of that day. Got this book in the early 70's and is in great shape for almost 50 years old. Cost was Six Dollars and Ninety Five Cents. was written by DEAN GRENNEL.
Has just about everything you wanted to know about reloading Rifle, Pistol, and Shotgun cartridges with the modern equipment for the time period.
I look at it every now and then to see how reloading practices have not changed too much, but tech advancements in some of today's equipment!
I see a lot of Posts on LRH discussing issues with brass, primers, bullets, loads, accuracy, ect and I can look in this book and it has the answers from 50 years ago.
That's an old timer! Mine got destroyed when I moved 3 years ago. Box that it was packed got set in a wet place and before I could unpack it the water had soaked it.
Hard to find good help.

I am OLD and Enjoy any kind of Reloading information. That being said I thought i would vent a little about Hodgdons Annual Manual. I have been buying one every year, thinking i would get the latest info. However for the last two years they have NOT even listed my favorite .270 WSM.
Also i find all of their Loads to be rather Conservative. This year they have included some information on the Western Powders as well as some interesting reading but I have been very dissapointed with the LOAD selection. Just my .02 c

"Lets go Brandon"