Reloading manuals?????

I always have a new would be handloader purchase one of the major bullet makers books and read the step-by-step instructions before we adjourn to the bench. That insures they have a hard copy to refer to and that they don't solely rely on that modern electronic font of disinformation we call the internet. I too keep several manuals on hand purchasing new editions as needed, as well as Ken Waters' Pet Loads, Cartridges of the World and the Handbook of Cartridge Conversions to name a few.

I use both, I still find that the manuals come in handy especially for older loads that may have been dropped over the years as well as for odd calibers. A few past pic's... I usually add new books as they come out, well the good ones anyway, these pictures don't include more I've added since the photos were taken. Can you ever have too much information? Nope! It's amazing some of the loads those old reloading pamphlet handouts have in them, you know the ones you use to be able to pick up in the shops for free when you bought the powder brand for the handout. I think I have one of the original LEE manuals that I picked up in 1963 and as I recall it was my first one, as well as some really old ones, believe or not the old, old cast bullet manuals came in very handy when I first started developing subsonic loads back in the day when folks were just really getting into suppressors and subsonic ammo game, there wasn't any around to speak of. Cheers.

Reloading book collection 005.jpg
Reloading books 003.jpg
Reloading books.jpg
Reloading books 002.jpg
Reloading Books 3.jpg

Relaoding Books 2.jpg

Paper manuals are invaluable especially to those of us who are older than dirt. I have one for each bullet manufacturer whose bullet I use. I also utilize the Hodgdon data site for quick look-ups. I prefer the paper manuals as they give cartridge specs.

I would love to have a copy of the Speer manual showing the .223 test fired with a mini-14. I have lost my copy and would like to have that load data again. Thanks
John

Western powders has some good reading on they're online load data. Some old school things I still follow are leaving the powder primer container on the bench that I'm using etc. Wonder if any of the old school stuff is even mentioned in a new reloading books?

Anyone have a start load for sierra 165gr sbt with 7828sc for 300 win mag? I've got some laying around and figure would be good for teaching a ladder instead of being a paper weight

I reloaded quite a bit, shortly after being introduced to it in 2011...but I haven't touched a press since 2016 due to life circumstances. I'm curious, what is a "ladder"?