recoil

krake22

is there a big diff in the tikka t3 270 wsm 140gr accubond and the tikka t3 300wsm 180 TSX as far as recoil goes?? i can handle the 270wsm but just dont know if its a big step up to the 300 wsm

I shoot a Sako Finnlight 300 WSM and it will be close to the Tikka in the recoil dept. I can shoot it from the bench about 15 rounds before it starts to get my attention. With a slip on recoil pad I can shoot it all day no problem. Never shot a 270 WSM, so I can't compare.

-Mark

thanks mark. so i know sako is a good rifle, i have never shot one myself so i was thinking do you gain alot more with the sako i looked at one in the store the other day it was about 1300 the model 85. and seen the tikka for 600. jsut tryn to see if you think its worth the other 700 or so??

I would not buy another Beretta product (Sako or Tikka) ever again based on my experience with this M85 and Beretta customer service. It shoots about 2-4 MOA and has been sent back to the factory twice and both times they BS'd me about finding copper in the barrel, cleaning it out, and shooting it to the 1 MOA guarantee. They said the next time I send it back in they would charge me. The scope I used was a NF NXS which I have shot sub .5 MOA groups with on two other rifles - Senderos. Both rifles (Sako nad Tikka) have cheap plastic injection molded stocks. The Sako stock is a little better but for a $1400 rifle (I didn't pay that much for mine) it's a travesty. I really like the Sako action, but the recoil lug system is a joke - not something I would want to build on in the future if and when the barrel wore out.

A lot of guys have good luck with Sakos and Tikkas, but if you get a lemon, you're stuck. They will not honor their guarantee and I know others who have the exact same experience as me with both. If you buy one, you're rolling the dice and they are not good rebuild platforms.

For the price of a Tikka, you can get a Sub MOA Vanguard that comes with a factory shot target with real bullet holes, and it has a good pillar bedded stock and a good action.

It wasn't my intent to go into all that, but you asked and I told you.

Whatever you get, I hope it shoots well.

-Mark

my mark thanks for all the info thats what i wanted to hear. can go wrong when your being honest thanks again

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.