Rebarrel a Christensen or sell?

I'm assuming you checked the crown?
4"! Could be the scope. You asked how would you know its the scope? It would shoot better with a different KNOWN scope!!!. If the known scope shoots bad id send it to Christensen. It'll cost you $30 to ship. You wasted more money in ammo! They might even send you a shipping label.

I'm assuming you checked the crown?
4"! Could be the scope. You asked how would you know its the scope? It would shoot better with a different KNOWN scope!!!. If the known scope shoots bad id send it to Christensen. It'll cost you $30 to ship. You wasted more money in ammo! They might even send you a shipping label.
I only live about 45 minutes from Christensen arms so I could just drive it there.

To the Op
@JD-ODINSON
It's all been said and it could be simple or CA might be obliging if you call ahead and make an appt.

If they check it over and shoot a group in front of you then it's back to you or your scope.

They might send you home with some ammo it likes.

I do wonder about strikes on brakes etc and anything is possible I guess and maybe it could be opened up marginally if you need a brake.

Now to ask the unpopular question, do you usually use a bipod?

I have very little experience with a Bi-pod but I am looking to learn new techniques and learn precision shooting.

I do well in the field and from the car on pests but I'm not shooting much under an inch over the bench and I put a lot of it down to technique.

I believe using a Bipod properly is a different technique again.

To the Op
@JD-ODINSON
It's all been said and it could be simple or CA might be obliging if you call ahead and make an appt.

If they check it over and shoot a group in front of you then it's back to you or your scope.

They might send you home with some ammo it likes.

I do wonder about strikes on brakes etc and anything is possible I guess and maybe it could be opened up marginally if you need a brake.

Now to ask the unpopular question, do you usually use a bipod?

I have very little experience with a Bi-pod but I am looking to learn new techniques and learn precision shooting.

I do well in the field and from the car on pests but I'm not shooting much under an inch over the bench and I put a lot of it down to technique.

I believe using a Bipod properly is a different technique again.
I have used both bags and bipods. I currently am using a bipod. I am definitely not a beginner by any means either.

I had a Bergara 300wm that I sold a few months ago because I couldn't find ammo and it cost too much when I did. So I bought a Christensen arms mesa 308win because the rifle was available and I could find ammo everywhere and it didn't break the bank to shoot. My dilemma now is that the Christensen won't group under 4+ inches with any factory ammo I put through it. I have been a dedicated Bergara owner and was hesitant going with a Christensen and now I am debating on if I should sell the rifle and be done with it and go back to a Bergara or get the Christensen rebarreled. Any thoughts?
I feel your pain received a 30 nosler Christensen arms traverse. Would not group to tighter than 2" some times 4". tried several powders. peterson brass. even tried coupld of bullets. took it to a gun smith. bedding was sub par stock would colaspe and touch the barrel on down hill shots. but the kicker was they cut one rifling in the throat of the chamber. delivered it back to the Christensen arms factory. Showed the the gunsmiths report showed the pictures of rifling cut in the throat. Asked to speak with the Technition after they fixed it. Came back through gunnison two weeks later.
They rebedded it but loaded a heavy bullet and said they got it to shoot a 1 inch group. This rifle was purchased for California hunting which requires lead free ammo. They said they have meet their requirements. I told them I doubted this gun would shoot Barnes or hornady copper Bullets they refused to replace the barrel,
I took it home and worked up loads for it again and still shooting 2" to 4" groups.
very sorry they will not stand behiend Thier guns. it has cost them several sales and I cannot recomend a Gun maker that has such floppy stocks and guns that have the capability to be shooters but haven't measured up. The gunsmith gave me several examples of fixes he has had to make. Felt that $3,000 should have bought something with tighter groups.