Rebarrel a Christensen or sell?

Christensen get a bad wrap around the traps. It's a shame as a few bad ones get a lot of publicity.
But, I emailed them once to get some info as an Australian dealer had some listed as a Custom model Ridgeline .
Short version is a I did not get a response from Christensen. I built a CG barreled Tikka for less.

I hope the Christensen are generally good and the bad ones are rare.

That said, no-one complains about Howa and they produce thousands, Tikka also work out of the box..

Good luck, I hope you find the flaw it should work out. It's a proccess of elimination.

JD-ODINSON ,

Your answer to Belldar reminds me of a lesson given to me over 53 years ago .

I had just started work as an auto mechanic in my Father's repair shop . I was assigned a repair job on an older , beat-up car , that looked like it belonged in a wrecking yard .
I asked my Father why we were going to work on this "piece of junk".
His answer was "Son , to the owner of this car , it is not a piece-of-junk . Most people don't drive an older , high mileage car by choice , they drive it out of necessity . Sure , they would like to own and drive a new Cadillac , but this is what they can afford , and it is our job to make it safe and drivable for them".

Same applies to most commodities in life .
Schmidt & Bender would be great , but I can't afford them .

DMP25-06
Hence why I drive old beaters. Priorities🤷🏻‍♂️ Realistically you can get some real good to decent glass that works great and has a very good track record. A used Nightforce is better than most out there and can be had for cheaper then a lot of Vortex now. Same with the Sightron SIIIs and some others.

Christensen get a bad wrap around the traps. It's a shame as a few bad ones get a lot of publicity.
But, I emailed them once to get some info as an Australian dealer had some listed as a Custom model Ridgeline .
Short version is a I did not get a response from Christensen. I built a CG barreled Tikka for less.

That said, no-one complains about Howa and they produce thousands, Tikka also work out of the box..

Good luck, I hope you find the flaw it should work out. It's a proccess of elimination.
Didnt fierce firearms arise out of the christensen havoc? I bought a fierce edge lapua when they first started (prob the only rifle I have where I can truly say it's not "fun" to shoot haha. 7lb 338 Lapua = ugh lol

Didnt fierce firearms arise out of the christensen havoc? I bought a fierce edge lapua when they first started (prob the only rifle I have where I can truly say it's not "fun" to shoot haha. 7lb 338 Lapua = ugh lol
Mmm, you must be a serious shooter if you need a .338lapua, you should have known what you were getting into.
But, we sometimes like these things "because they make them" or "because We get a Kick out of it"
Enjoy🤗

I don't hear people bagging Fierce.

I went away with a mate and I said can we go into the gunstore. The new "Manager" and sales staff were wearing Camo behind the counter🤔 This is regional Australia right.

I was after something or just browsing, the manager brings along this hefty rifle on a bipod placing it in front of me and says how would you like something like this? I could see straight off what it was chambered in so I asked, he proudly days it's a .338Lapua.
My response was that I can't afford the ammo, I wasn't engaging in talking crap when I had my mate there and I didn't have a use for it.

That shop is closed and I have no idea what became of that young fellow

Mmm, you must be a serious shooter if you need a .338lapua, you should have known what you were getting into.
But, we sometimes like these things "because they make them" or "because We get a Kick out of it"
Enjoy🤗

I don't hear people bagging Fierce.

I went away with a mate and I said can we go into the gunstore. The new "Manager" and sales staff were wearing Camo behind the counter🤔 This is regional Australia right.

I was after something or just browsing, the manager brings along this hefty rifle on a bipod placing it in front of me and says how would you like something like this? I could see straight off what it was chambered in so I asked, he proudly days it's a .338Lapua.
My response was that I can't afford the ammo, I wasn't engaging in talking crap when I had my mate there and I didn't have a use for it.

That shop is closed and I have no idea what became of that young fellow
Bull elk rifle...when needed

Last I knew, someone disgruntled from Christensen left and started Fierce and there was bad blood between them. Not sure how true that is though

Howa's are underrated. You can't beat them for the $$

Last I knew, someone disgruntled from Christensen left and started Fierce and there was bad blood between them. Not sure how true that is though
Not to hijack the thread to a christensen bash, but I now remember I had a ca15 with a defective cam pin. Gouged the side and prevented cycle. Replaced with a roller cam and works fine. Called them up to let them know the issue and fix. Response was " cool anything else we can help u with" not really the response I was expecting. Lol

Recent Posts