Sell or hold

outdoorguyBP

Is it just me, or does everyone struggle with holding onto a rifle even though you don't shoot it much or sell it to fund the next project. Sold my first centerfire rifle because I needed some money at the time, a Win 94 30-30 and my cousin still won't sell it back to me, so for that reason I seem to hold onto them all 🤣

Is it just me, or does everyone struggle with holding onto a rifle even though you don't shoot it much or sell it to fund the next project. Sold my first centerfire rifle because I needed some money at the time, a Win 94 30-30 and my cousin still won't sell it back to me, so for that reason I seem to hold onto them all 🤣
Ouch. That had to hurt!

Yup,. I sold, My Competition, Perazzi's ( O/U and, custom Bored, Single shot ) and Krieghoff's, after Winning Thousands of Dollars with them in,.. Reno, Vegas, Phoenix and Vandalia, Oh. WHEN,.. much Younger !
NO, regrets ! Kept a few, Bird Hunting, Skeet "Play" shotguns.
Guns, ARE,. just "Tools" to, Me !

I done the same thing in the past. Put it up for collateral. Once I went to retrieve my goods. He would not sell them back. I should have known, when he wanted all my goods for just a few hundred dollars. One was worth more than I borrowed. I still like to kick his ***, till this day. But I got no one to blame, but myself. I have also traded firearms not knowing what I had for another, thinking it was better. Good thing you're only young & dumb once. I like to think I have gotten a little wiser with age. But probably not. lol

Yup,. I sold, My Competition, Perazzi's ( O/U and, custom Bored, Single shot ) and Krieghoff's, after Winning Thousands of Dollars with them in,.. Reno, Vegas, Phoenix and Vandalia, Oh. WHEN,.. much Younger !
NO, regrets ! Kept a few, Bird Hunting, Skeet "Play" shotguns.
Guns, ARE,. just "Tools" to, Me !
Never could shoot them well, but nothing feels quite as good as a Perazzi.

No, I also struggle with this. I have several guns that I never use, but hold onto because I consider them to be high quality or am hoping that they will go up in value in the future. Also... I have a few crappy guns that I hang onto because I plan on utilizing an action or stock in a zero to hero build project. For Example, I have a Bergara Carbon Stalker 6.5 Grendel that I would like to throw a carbon six CF barrel on and rechamber it for 22 ARC.

Nope, I never had that problem.

Never could shoot them well, but nothing feels quite as good as a Perazzi.
I went thru, a Few, to find the exact, "Right" ones,.. LOL !
I Traded Shotguns about, every other Year or, so and, Modified some to,.. "Fit"
At about, my Mid 40's,. I decided that, Competition Trap Shooting, was too much, like "Work" so, I Sold all, my Comp Shotguns and put, the Money into, the Stock Mkt. But, I had a "good Run" at, Trapshooting, from my Mid 20's thru mid, 40's, tho !
Doubles and long Yardage Handicap Trap, was my game, then.
Held, a 95.85 Doubles average for, a couple of years with, my MT-6 Perazzi
Ahh, to BE young,.. again !

Last edited:
I have sold very few firearms over the years. But, when you run out of room in the safe, in the oversized gun cabinet and under the bed; you need to rethink a few things before buying the next rifle that you can't live without.

I don't "collect" firearms, but I've got more than any reasonable person can use/shoot. And now that I've come to the reality of the aging process, I've started to thin the herd. LOL