Sell or hold

I have three safes in the house now! One in our bedroom. This Christmas I told my wife I would like another gun. Tikka UPR 6.5 prc that was on sale for Boxing Day. I told her I'm running out of room in the safes. She said life is not a dress rehearsal! You only get one shot at life so get what I want, and buy another safe if I need. The gun will be here on January 9th. Scope showed up yesterday. I too have been the about selling a few I don't use. A over/under savage .410 and maybe my beautiful ruger No. 1 45/70. After I hurt both shoulders in a fall, I don't think the old red butt pad will do me any favor. Hard choices for sure.
I salute you, very impressive indeed. She did just agree to that 10/22 I mentioned earlier, she doesn't know about the scope yet lol.

I have three safes in the house now! One in our bedroom. This Christmas I told my wife I would like another gun. Tikka UPR 6.5 prc that was on sale for Boxing Day. I told her I'm running out of room in the safes. She said life is not a dress rehearsal! You only get one shot at life so get what I want, and buy another safe if I need. The gun will be here on January 9th. Scope showed up yesterday. I too have been the about selling a few I don't use. A over/under savage .410 and maybe my beautiful ruger No. 1 45/70. After I hurt both shoulders in a fall, I don't think the old red butt pad will do me any favor. Hard choices for sure.
Limbsaver Airtech....no pain!!! Awesome! PXL_20240104_182407439.jpg
PXL_20240104_182413073.jpg

I've been thinking about selling a rifle that sits in the back of the safe for a long time. It seems like a simple decision, but then I realize I have dies, brass, and loaded ammo for that particular rifle. The rifle shoots very well, but is very heavy. Selling guns and components shouldn't be this hard.
Ever heard of a PACKAGE DEAL! Sell the works together....then when you open the safe or your ammo box or go to reload another caliber....there will be NO REMINDERS!🤣

Ya the limbsaver would be nice, I have one on my 325, but I could not put that on a pretty ruger no. One. Would almost be as bad as putting it on my dads old '56 model 70 that has a steel butt plate. Soo only in a plastic type stock for me. Going to head out now to shoot some .223 before it hits -20. Can't have too many!!!

I haven't seen anyone say anything about another safe. My wife asked me what I was going to do when the safe was full and I simply told her I'd buy another safe; seems logical to me. Men and women do see things a bit differently.
My wife and I had kind of the same conversation.
I told her I wanted to buy one as a decoy. When someone breaks in, they'd have to guess which one actually held the guns!?

She didn't buy it.

And neither did I.

🤣🤣🤣

Me too! I don't sell my rifles, shoguns and pistols either. I loan out 3 and never got them back. I don't loan out any anymore either. I will let somebody that is going hunting with me and doesn't have a rifle. I will allow them to use it while we are hunting, but it goes back with me. I do make sure they shoot it correctly at the range, before going hunting.
I concur. I've never loaned one and not gotten it back, but if I did, I'd sue for conversion. There's no excuse for that, and friends don't cheat friends.
I'm like you regarding hunting. Take your find out and bring them home with you. Cleaning a firearm is sort of a pleasure anyway. I have a rifle that makes all of my friends look like marksmen if they use good shooting form. It makes me proud that they feel so good about hitting their intended target, especially when they're shooting feral swine. When I get home get home and clean it, it's like patting it on the back for a job well done.