Trade or Sell to fund a build

VTbluegrass

I have a Montana Rifle Company X2 in 7mm Rem Mag I bought almost 2years ago because I wanted a rifle to take out when the weather was snotty and I didn't want to take out my Kimber in 30-06 that is blued and has a wood stock. I was looking for a short action but the deal I found on the MRC was too good to pass up.
I mostly hunt big timber swamp and ag fields in eastern nc for whitetails with shots averaging under 200yrds but opportunities up to 500yds. While the MRC is great in ladder stand or box blinds it's a bit cumbersome in a climber which I have to use a lot on public lands, law is you must be elevated to hunt with a rifle.
I also have an old 700ADL in 270 that is still good for hunting but it's been used hard for well over 30years and it could use some love in the way of a rebuild.
My quandary is to trade the MRC for a similar short action rifle, stainless /fiberglass stock, that's a little lighter and handier or sell the MRC to fund a rebuild of the Remington. New stock, trigger, rebarrel, maybe different chambering like 6.5x55.
Pro of trade is I still have three rifles and can maybe rebuild the 700 in the future. Con is funding a scope for the third rifle which is a tough sell to the wife with a baby on the way. Pro of sell and rebuild the 700 is I get closer to my desired secondary rifle and I can use the Leupold I already have.

I'll tell you what you DON'T need and that's an angry mama with a baby on the way. If Mama ain't happy then nobody's happy. I'd go with the "sell and rebuild" option right now which should keep her happy (first and foremost) and get you closer to what you wanted to begin with. Just my 2 cents. ;) Good luck brother.....with ALL that!

I have a understanding with my wife, I can sell gun stuff to fund gun stuff.
And.... I have a prepaid credit/debit card that I reload with cash I can save. Wink wink...
And all deliveries are picked up at the hub...lol

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.