Rebarrel a Christensen or sell?

I had a Bergara 300wm that I sold a few months ago because I couldn't find ammo and it cost too much when I did. So I bought a Christensen arms mesa 308win because the rifle was available and I could find ammo everywhere and it didn't break the bank to shoot. My dilemma now is that the Christensen won't group under 4+ inches with any factory ammo I put through it. I have been a dedicated Bergara owner and was hesitant going with a Christensen and now I am debating on if I should sell the rifle and be done with it and go back to a Bergara or get the Christensen rebarreled. Any thoughts?
Personally, I haven't heard enough good feedback on Christensen Rifles that would motivate me to keep it.
I too am a Bergara fan. You could re-barrel it with a Bergara barrel....But you'd run the risk of the action offending the barrel.
Ah heck.....Sell it a buy a new Bergara.

Personally, I haven't heard enough good feedback on Christensen Rifles that would motivate me to keep it.
I too am a Bergara fan. You could re-barrel it with a Bergara barrel....But you'd run the risk of the action offending the barrel.
Ah heck.....Sell it a buy a new Bergara.
I have been fondling a Bergara 28 Nosler at the store and almost ready to just buy it, but I really don't want to ditch the Christensen either. I'll just have to wait and see.

I have been fondling a Bergara 28 Nosler at the store and almost ready to just buy it, but I really don't want to ditch the Christensen either. I'll just have to wait and see.
Since you are so close take it and see what Christensen says/does...You can always buy the 28 as well :)
Did you change scopes when you took the brake off and shot it yesterday?

@ JD,..
Most Burris Models, ARE,.. a "Budget Scope" and are, way better / tougher, than, Vortex !
Be sure to, THOROUGHLY Clean that, Rifle,. BEFORE,.. Test shooting, again !
You might have, a ROUGH Barrel & Throat area that,.. "Loads up" on, CARBON and COPPER !
I hope that, I'm NOT "offending" too many People but,.. MOST Shooters and Hunters, "here", agree that, Tikka's are better than BOTH,..
Begara's or, Christiansen Arms, Rifles ! Yup, I know that, a FEW People, have been "Lucky" and got, a "good one",.. BUT,..
getting a "good One" is like Winning, the Lottery and,.. that's, NOT for, ME

Last edited:
May be a true statement, but I've had many vortex over the years and this might be the first issue I've had. I've got 5 daughters so I usually can only afford the best budget optics I can. Is what it is.
I can sympathize with that as I have two younger daughters that are into shooting. Anything they shoot will be a tried and proven scope like an SIII, SHV, or NXS with a few others mixed in on smaller plinkers. I have worked with too many vortex scopes for people and had one myself long ago and will never run one. There is a reason they have to tote their lifetime warranty as you will use it in your lifetime. Life is too short to trust your life or a lifetime memory on inferior optics and equipment. My Monday rant👍 Good luck

............. this might be the first issue I've had. I've got 5 daughters so I usually can only afford the best budget optics I can. Is what it is.
JD-ODINSON ,

Your answer to Belldar reminds me of a lesson given to me over 53 years ago .

I had just started work as an auto mechanic in my Father's repair shop . I was assigned a repair job on an older , beat-up car , that looked like it belonged in a wrecking yard .
I asked my Father why we were going to work on this "piece of junk".
His answer was "Son , to the owner of this car , it is not a piece-of-junk . Most people don't drive an older , high mileage car by choice , they drive it out of necessity . Sure , they would like to own and drive a new Cadillac , but this is what they can afford , and it is our job to make it safe and drivable for them".

Same applies to most commodities in life .
Schmidt & Bender would be great , but I can't afford them .

DMP25-06

Because I was hoping it was not the rifle but rather something else that others may recommend, because I've got several hunts coming up and didn't want to have it sitting at Christensen during the hunts if it wasn't needed.
I get it, if you have another known good scope give that a try. Hopefully you have another rifle to hunt with this season. Send it in if you do

Recent Posts