Rcbs ar series small base dies and rcbs small base dies

No i did not either my other thread was asking if you could use small base dies for bolt guns as i was trying to keep from buying 2 diff set of dies for same caliber.

This thread is aking what diff is between 2 sets of small base dies one being ar small base and other just being small base. Look bro i thanked you for trying to help. Your info was not helpful and false. Please stop trolling me in both my threads. Have a great day
You have conflicting information. I locked onto the AR because that's the only pertinent information. Instead of trying to clarify and provide more information, you get defensive. Good luck nonetheless.

Last edited:
No i did not either my other thread was asking if you could use small base dies for bolt guns as i was trying to keep from buying 2 diff set of dies for same caliber.

This thread is aking what diff is between 2 sets of small base dies one being ar small base and other just being small base. Look bro I thanked you for trying to help. Your info was not helpful and false. Please stop trolling me in both my threads. Have a great day
It is not my fault if you cannot synthesize the information being presented to you. On your other thread, @Benman73 provided you the right answer for both threads. You made it sound as you agreed but a few days later posted this thread. Like I said, instead of clarifying information and work with those that are trying to help, you get defensive. You are new here and you do not know me, those that knows me I do not troll per your accusation.

R
It is not my fault if you cannot synthesize the information being presented to you. On your other thread, @Benman73 provided you the right answer for both threads. You made it sound as you agreed but a few days later posted this thread. Like I said, instead of clarifying information and work with those that are trying to help, you get defensive. You are new here and you do not know me, those that knows me I do not troll per your accusation.
Fyi i didnt get defensive. Furthermore all your video you shared stated that one of guys ar guns will cycle full length dies and one wont and has to use small base dies. I will tell again my questio was whats diff between both series of small base dies in this thread. My other questio in my other thread was can you use small base dies for bolt guns.

To break it down for you my question about small base dies in bolt guns was for the reason being i didnt wanna have to buy both for example i have a 7mm rem mag bolt gun and a bar browning

To break down question as to why there are 2 sets of small base dies for ar series was to ask what the diff was in the 2 small base dies. I figured it out on my own and 243 member furthef clarified it that the diff is the ar series has a tapered crimp is the diff. Furthermore me being bew on forum dont have a single thing to do with anything. Nor do both of my post mean the same thing . So please quit being a bully and please move on. Your info was false and inaccurate at best.

Fyi i didnt get defensive. Furthermore all your video you shared stated that one of guys ar guns will cycle full length dies and one wont and has to use small base dies. I will tell again my questio was whats diff between both series of small base dies in this thread. My other questio in my other thread was can you use small base dies for bolt guns.

To break it down for you my question about small base dies in bolt guns was for the reason being i didnt wanna have to buy both for example i have a 7mm rem mag bolt gun and a bar browning

To break down question as to why there are 2 sets of small base dies for ar series was to ask what the diff was in the 2 small base dies. I figured it out on my own and 243 member furthef clarified it that the diff is the ar series has a tapered crimp is the diff. Furthermore me being bew on forum dont have a single thing to do with anything. Nor do both of my post mean the same thing . So please quit being a bully and please move on. Your info was false and inaccurate at best.
The video clearly says you need to figure out what works for your chamber. Again, not my problem if you cannot synthesize it.

Last edited:
The video does not answer my question as to what diff is for both series of small base dies. Like i said your info was inaccurate at best. Seems your one who cant synthesize there pal. This willl be my last reply to you as you clearly wont quit being a keyboard cowboy and a bully. I spose me being new on forum gives you that right to be a bully.

I didn't watch the video but this dilemma has been dealt with in AR15 loading books. One was called "Black Magic: The Ultra Accurate AR15". In any case not all semi autos will need a small base die. Non of mine did. Neither did the AR10 or the M1A's I owned. The FAL's i have might, but I haven't loaded for them that I can remember. Some of my friends FTF or go into battery. So that's when small base dies may come into play. Taper crimp or Lee Factory Crimp would be the only crimps I would do. YMMV. Probably the samething as stated before.

The video does not answer my question as to what diff is for both series of small base dies. Like i said your info was inaccurate at best. Seems your one who cant synthesize there pal. This willl be my last reply to you as you clearly wont quit being a keyboard cowboy and a bully. I spose me being new on forum gives you that right to be a bully.
So now I am bully.

I didn't watch the video but this dilemma has been dealt with in AR15 loading books. One was called "Black Magic: The Ultra Accurate AR15". In any case not all semi autos will need a small base die. Non of mine did. Neither did the AR10 or the M1A's I owned. The FAL's i have might, but I haven't loaded for them that I can remember. Some of my friends FTF or go into battery. So that's when small base dies may come into play. Taper crimp or Lee Factory Crimp would be the only crimps I would do. YMMV. Probably the samething as stated before.
Yep, the video did. The AR with the tighter chamber will require resizing with SB.

FEENIX has been helpful to me for quite sometime. So in fairness this could have been just one of the internet things where we cannot get the nuances or needed information to give or get pertinent information. I doubt any bullying was intended whether it be a new member or long time member. Just my two cents worth.

Whats diff between rcbs ar small base dies verses small base dies?i thought small base dies was small base dies. Im curious
I think the sizing dies are the same, the difference is in the 2-Die set, the AR set has a different crimp. Contact RCBS is the best way to find out.

R

For someone that's new to reloading as well as this forum you don't listen very well, all of your vague questions were answered you just were to busy talking

Here is the answer I think you were looking for? Get the small base die set. The reason is its all about clearance bolt guns have tighter chambers than most ar rifles, so the small base standard set will squeez the brass a little tighter than the ar set. But it will work for both types of rifles the bonus comes in where if you small base size them they will fit in either rifle.

I'm with xsn10s, none of my autos need a small base die and when I did use one it was nothing but a headache because it under sized the brass which lead to other problems I didn't need. If you already have a normal set of dies for caliber I would give them a try first.

For someone that's new to reloading as well as this forum you don't listen very well, all of your vague questions were answered you just were to busy talking
More shots fired
So this is way we treat new members and treat them as if there dumb just becuase someone has been a member for a long time gives them that right.

I see that i will not post anymore threads i will just read threads and others comments and look for what im interested in buying in the classifieds. This is turning out the same as chainsaw forums, deer forums, duck hunting forums ect ect. Its a small click of guys that are in there own little group

Last edited: