Rcbs ar series small base dies and rcbs small base dies

My colors are all good in my book sir and if you notice I sided with you on my first post and defended your comment of not wanting to buy something you don't need. Then you just kept wanting to argue, you already knew the answer but you just had to beat your chest to try and prove your point. Sometimes your better off to keep pie holes shut and agree to disagree. This is the best forum of the ones I've been involved in which is very few. I am hardly a very experienced reloader and have never claimed to be, I do consider myself to be knowledgeable and cautious when reloading. I read as much as I can and ask questions when I'm unable to understand a concept or process. Later
The only ones beating there chest were you guys. Not me. When someone wants to turn the screws and pin things on me that arnt true and are misleading and false info im gonna defend myself. I asked a simple question and 2 people answered that question correctly. I had to figure it out on my own. I thought that i could ask a question and not get beat up and bullied. I also thought that many have been doing it a lot longer may know. Boy was i wrong. Like my dad used to say you want something done right do it yourself. then say i asked same question in my other thread wich is a lie. The only ones who should keep there pie hole shut are the ones who give false info and think they know everything. Again i guess being a member longer then the op asking the question in thread justifies them to be mean and hateful. Go back and read post and see how many times i asked it to stop after i found correct info on my own. I wasnt one beating my chest it was about 5 of you. I garuntee yall sent oms back and forth and or text messages and phone calls. To come after me veing new. Im not new to forums there all the same. Most people are cool but there are a handful in every one who stir the pot and are in there own little click. Im not aa dumb as you think i am btw Thanx for derailing my thread

I run the regular .223 SB FL die set. I do not crimp my rounds for my AR. I just use .003" neck tension. Have not had an issue in thousands of rounds through it. Both 69 SMKs and 50 V-Max loads.

The only ones beating there chest were you guys. Not me. When someone wants to turn the screws and pin things on me that arnt true and are misleading and false info im gonna defend myself. I asked a simple question and 2 people answered that question correctly. I had to figure it out on my own. I thought that i could ask a question and not get beat up and bullied. I also thought that many have been doing it a lot longer may know. Boy was i wrong. Like my dad used to say you want something done right do it yourself. then say i asked same question in my other thread wich is a lie. The only ones who should keep there pie hole shut are the ones who give false info and think they know everything. Again i guess being a member longer then the op asking the question in thread justifies them to be mean and hateful. Go back and read post and see how many times i asked it to stop after i found correct info on my own. I wasnt one beating my chest it was about 5 of you. I garuntee yall sent oms back and forth and or text messages and phone calls. To come after me veing new. Im not new to forums there all the same. Most people are cool but there are a handful in every one who stir the pot and are in there own little click. Im not aa dumb as you think i am btw Thanx for derailing my thread
Lol, it's all a conspiracy.

WOW your true colors are shining bright

Then why are you here? Is it to be a keyboard camando ? You know everything about reloading? Actually your wrong again. Nice try though. To be honest i called another member who talked me into joining to ask him the question and he said that that is a good question. He said he didnt honestly know. He then aaid create a thread about it and the guys on here would be able to answer my question and were very helpful.

Well that turned into a crap show. I posted it got wrong info from a video. drug thru the mud as to how im new here and im on redbull and coffee. That i posted same question on another thread i created wich was not the same question.

After i continuosly got wrong info i started to google and do my own research and figured it out on my own. 2 other people were the only ones whom simply answered the question i simply asked?
And he's still posting, Mud......... Is that You ?

Dumpster.gif

I own a collection of dies to cover twenty-two different cartridges including Wilson arbor press and Whidden Custom dies. For a Shilen barreled AR-15 in .204 Ruger, the RCBS AR series full length size die is my favorite size die. It has a high on the stem expander, similar to the Forster size die, which makes it very smooth and less stretching than the low position size button. The seating die has a crimp feature that precludes seating and crimping in a single pass. I use a Lee sliding sleeve (aluminum copy of Forster (Bonanaza) design, to seat bullets and then use the RCBS seating tie, minus the seating stem, to taper crimp the bullets very gently in place. I taper crimp mostly to hide the case mouth and make sure the case headspaces on the shoulder. Sizing is an important part of case life and I will be buying additional RCBS AR series dies in other calibers. I would not be caught dead loading my 6mm PPC, 20 or 22 BR, 6 Dasher, etc, on RCBS dies, but these are exceptional.

I have no issues with that but when its the wrong info given and that person still wants to argue about and then go on to say well your new here so thats the way it is in so many words is horse crap.
The comment about you being new is about your characterization of me as a troll and that you do not know me ... and then you turned into bullying, Now that is a horse crap.

Going directly to the source only answers part of the issue, they get to clarify the description of the part number in question. But the reality is explained by Alex Wheeler on the other thread ...

"small base dies just squeeze the lower part of the case more. Now that statement needs to be put in context. Since there is no standard fl sizing die specs for a cartridge, there are also no small base die specs. Each die manufacturer has their own specs so small base does not actually mean anything. What you really want is the correct die for your chamber and you wont know that until to know your chamber size and how much the die sizes the brass. Not a convenient answer however. What we as the shooting community need to know is what the resize die will measure. Die makers don't publish that data because then they would have to meet those specs."

That is what video I provided in #2 was trying to convey. As Alex Wheeler noted, it is not a convenient answer. It is not always a straight forward answer but it is the honest and true answer, regardless if the end-user like it or not.
However, only a receptive r
recipient will benefit from it.

Last edited:
And people like you are still harrassing me when i asked it to stop peacefully. When i figured it out on my own new member and new to reloading and all. Pretry sad a simple question couldnt be answered correctly with out making fun of me, making up lies
Your Words

"I see that i will not post anymore threads i will just read threads and others comments"

No one is making fun of you nor has anyone made up a lie about you but you, your vague question was answered in post 7, It's no ones fault that you didn't understand it, That being said you new to both this site and to reloading and you attitude towards both is unbecoming, A very experienced reloader and a pillar of this community answered you question and your immediate response is
" So with all that being said you still didnt answer my question to my post. " As I said earlier, I wish you well but your off to a terrible start, And I'm not picking on you or making fun but from what I have seen so far for your and everyone else's safety maybe it's best you stick with factory ammo as IMO I don't think your cut out for reloading, once again no offense intended

In a way this thread well represents this saying.

"Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, Teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime."

Your Words

"I see that i will not post anymore threads i will just read threads and others comments"

No one is making fun of you nor has anyone made up a lie about you but you, your vague question was answered in post 7, It's no ones fault that you didn't understand it, That being said you new to both this site and to reloading and you attitude towards both is unbecoming, A very experienced reloader and a pillar of this community answered you question and your immediate response is
" So with all that being said you still didnt answer my question to my post. " As I said earlier, I wish you well but your off to a terrible start, And I'm not picking on you or making fun but from what I have seen so far for your and everyone else's safety maybe it's best you stick with factory ammo as IMO I don't think your cut out for reloading, once again no offense intended
Question was not answerd and your last comment is about not being cut for it, sticking with factory ammo, and for my saftey and everyone elses is funny stuff. I can rean and do math. I asked a legit simple question that couldnt be answered correctly that i had to figure out on my own and this is how im treated. You did pick on me and make fun of me with your memes and your comments about rebbull and coffee.that you had a 20 spot i would continue to post. I asked you and others to stop and as i said i will never create a thread again. I see clearly how it is. I will stick to reading threads, classifieds and Dont back peddle now and say wernt picking and being mean. As far as me being new to reloading and this site dont give you or anyone rese to treat me the way yall did. I thought we were here to help each other. Further more my comment that i said with all that being said that he did answer my question. That was not rude. It was the truth .my question was not vague either. Im gonna repeat my question i asked for upteenth time. It clearly stated what is diff between both ar platform small base dies and small base dies. Again after doing my own research i figured it out on my own. With all due respect you claim you all these people and yourself are so expirienced in reloading. Like i told you before dont make excuses now for your actions and trolling my post and saying my other thread asked same question then you went to that thread copied and pasted it and brought it to this thread was un called for. When that was a diff question clearly as well. You still have the odasity to say you wernt bullying or picking on me. Be a man and own it. I asked it to stop and i wish i could delete the thread. Thanx for derailing my thread btw

Question was not answerd and your last comment is about not being cut for it, sticking with factory ammo, and for my saftey and everyone elses is funny stuff. I can rean and do math. I asked a legit simple question that couldnt be answered correctly that i had to figure out on my own and this is how im treated. You did pick on me and make fun of me with your memes and your comments about rebbull and coffee.that you had a 20 spot i would continue to post. I asked you and others to stop and as i said i will never create a thread again. I see clearly how it is. I will stick to reading threads, classifieds and Dont back peddle now and say wernt picking and being mean. As far as me being new to reloading and this site dont give you or anyone rese to treat me the way yall did. I thought we were here to help each other. Further more my comment that i said with all that being said that he did answer my question. That was not rude. It was the truth .my question was not vague either. Im gonna repeat my question i asked for upteenth time. It clearly stated what is diff between both ar platform small base dies and small base dies. Again after doing my own research i figured it out on my own. With all due respect you claim you all these people and yourself are so expirienced in reloading. Like i told you before dont make excuses now for your actions and trolling my post and saying my other thread asked same question then you went to that thread copied and pasted it and brought it to this thread was un called for. When that was a diff question clearly as well. You still have the odasity to say you wernt bullying or picking on me. Be a man and own it. I asked it to stop and i wish i could delete the thread. Thanx for derailing my thread btw
You Sir a one fine piece of work, now you are accusing me of of something someone else said ( even though I did agree with it ), do your homework Sir before you get all bent up, your just digging yourself a bigger hole No one in this thread is a troll, we all came to help but your actions prevented that, as far as manning up,

Lee Brockmeier
6780 West Whitesell Ave
West Terre Haute In 47885
812-264-6183

Recent Posts