Rcbs ar series small base dies and rcbs small base dies

Im aware of that but what my add says is diff between ar series rcbs and rcbs small base dies. Example rcbs makes a 11107 and 11103 part number both small base dies for 556 223 both of those 2 are small base dies one is stated as for ar one just says small base They make a 308 ar series small base dies and 308 small base dies as well

Last edited:
Im aware of that but what my add says is diff between ar series rcbs and rcbs small base dies. Example rcbs makes a 11107 and 11103 part number both small base dies for 556 223 both of those 2 are small base dies one is stated as for ar one just says small base They make a 308 ar series small base dies and 308 small base dies as well
If you read up on the P/N description, one is made for the AR style or semi-auto.

If you read up on the P/N description, one is made for the AR style or semi-auto.

Well they both are for autos 1103 1107 are for autos ans 11101 is full lenghth. Why the 1103 ar small base and 11107 small base. All small base are for semi autos.

Well they both are for autos 1103 1107 are for autos ans 11101 is full lenghth. Why the 1103 ar small base and 11107 small base. All small base are for semi autos.
Then pick one for your intended purpose and move on. That is why I provided the video instead because you might not need it as the video shows. You need to figure out what your "actual" chamber needs, just like the video between two ARs.

Then pick one for your intended purpose and move on. That is why I provided the video instead because you might not need it as the video shows. You need to figure out what your "actual" chamber needs, just like the video between two ARs.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210630-234824_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210630-234824_Chrome.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 285
  • Screenshot_20210630-234746_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210630-234746_Chrome.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 220
So with all that being said you still didnt answer my question to my post. I have bolt guns and semi autos in both 308 and ar. I was wondering why 2 small base and 1 full lenght set of dies. I see now that the diff is one of the small base sets the one being the ar series has a tapered crimp die. Your video you posted didnt verify anything . I was trying to keep from buying wrong set and maybe limiting it to one maybe 2 sets at worst. I wasnt wanting to have to buy all 3 sets thanx for trying though

Last edited:
So with all that being said you still didnt answer my question to my post. I have bolt guns and semi autos in both 308 and ar. I was wondering why 2 small base and 1 full lenght set of dies. I see now that the diff is one of the small base sets the one being the ar series has a tapered crimp die. Your video you posted didnt verify anything . I was trying to keep from buying wrong set and maybe limiting it to one maybe 2 sets at worst. I wasnt wanting to have to buy all 3 sets thanx for trying though
Because your original post lacks detail. I gave you a general difference of why or when you need a SB. Heck, you did not even provided cartridge. Now you are talking about .308 AR yet your example extract was for .223.

When in doubt go directly to the source.

Last edited:
Because your original post lacks detail. I gave you a general difference of why or when you need a SB. Heck, you did not even provided cartridge. Now you are talking about .308 AR yet your example extract was for .223.

When in doubt go directly to the source.
My add did specify it clearly stated ar series small base and small base meaning 2 sets of small base. what caliber its in does not matter. I knew that small base was for semi autos i was wanting to know why 2 diff series of small base. You tried to provide me with info and i appreciate that but you didnt rven know yourself. All the info you provided didnt tell me anything and what caliber it was wether it was 223 556 /308 7.62x 51 doesent matter i was wanting to know diff between both small base die sets

AR small base dies
Has a Taper crimp seating die.

When brass trim length is different, the taper crimp is less likely to bulge the shoulder .

A roll crimp, if over done will bulge the 223 shoulder. This causes hard chambering, action not fully closing.
If bulged round is not fired, it may be hard to extract.

The slamming of the bolt on a loaded round may also size the round some.

Last edited:
LOL! Even if you rephrase your question on another thread the answer is the same, it depends on your chamber >>> https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/small-base-dies-full-lenght-dies.274144/
No i did not either my other thread was asking if you could use small base dies for bolt guns as i was trying to keep from buying 2 diff set of dies for same caliber.

This thread is aking what diff is between 2 sets of small base dies one being ar small base and other just being small base. Look bro i thanked you for trying to help. Your info was not helpful and false. Please stop trolling me in both my threads. Have a great day