Pushing it out, 1930 yards!

Very well done considering how you ranged your target and @ distances like that each shoots wind call is huge. I guess it's time for a vectronics. I would love to see your google earth view of your postion and your targets, time of day, condition, ect. What did shooter tell you for spin drift and what was the TOF for that shot, what cant device are you using, what scope, what retical, what shooting position ext? And by the way Great shooting!!

I don't want to post a Google earth of this spot as anyone who has been in the area would recognize it and I want to keep it to myself since no one shoots there.
I need a vectronix badly as really the shot data is not relevant if you don't have a dead nuts range and at best it's only an educated guess, a lack of ELR range finder isn't going to stop us shooting though but it does hamper the hunting which is what my buddy wanted this rifle built for.
The solution we reverse engineered was U62.3 and L13.8 but he had U62.5 and L13.5 tied on, Coriolis off U62.8 and L13.2, Spin off also U62.8 and L11.8.
Impact velocity at target was 1346 fps 1207 ft lbs of energy with a flight time of 1.985 seconds.
Optic is a Sightron SIII 6-24x50 MOA from site sponsor Shoot-Long.com, anti cant is a Hollands level, we use our phones for angle.

033.jpg

BnG, you give me a few days notice and name the day. I will come down and we will range a bunch of distances for you with my PLRF10 and mark them off.

Then all the data you already have will be confirmed. I will bring one of my sticks and we will burn a little powder too.

You can blindfold me on the way to your range...:D

Jeff

Jeff,

If you don't burn all your powder over there in dillon stop in twin bridges on your way back and we can burn a little more killing rocks over here.

Jordan

Jeff,

If you don't burn all your powder over there in dillon stop in twin bridges on your way back and we can burn a little more killing rocks over here.

Jordan

That could work!! Better get to reloading..

gun)-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeff

BnG,

You have the "Shooter" app so why not download the "Rangecard" app and use it to measure your shooting distance.

Simply turn on the GPS function on your phone, then take a possition reading at your target, then drive out to your shooting location and the "Rangecard" app will tell you how many yards it is to the target.

At a regular shooting location, repeat the procedure a few times and "average" the distance to get a very accurate distance reading.

It will give you a distance that is very close to being correct and is far cheaper than a ELR laser rangefinder.

BnG,

You have the "Shooter" app so why not download the "Rangecard" app and use it to measure your shooting distance.

Simply turn on the GPS function on your phone, then take a possition reading at your target, then drive out to your shooting location and the "Rangecard" app will tell you how many yards it is to the target.

At a regular shooting location, repeat the procedure a few times and "average" the distance to get a very accurate distance reading.

It will give you a distance that is very close to being correct and is far cheaper than a ELR laser rangefinder.

Done, just got it and it looks like a great tool and may get us farther faster :D But I deal with GPS guidance everyday and I know that at those ranges the Vectronix is going to be the final word!!! Also need a Vectronix for hunting!

[FLOATLEFT]
Nice shooting ! How have you been ? Shoot me a pm when u get a chance.
[/FLOATLEFT]

I don't want to post a Google earth of this spot as anyone who has been in the area would recognize it and I want to keep it to myself since no one shoots there.
I need a vectronix badly as really the shot data is not relevant if you don't have a dead nuts range and at best it's only an educated guess, a lack of ELR range finder isn't going to stop us shooting though but it does hamper the hunting which is what my buddy wanted this rifle built for.
The solution we reverse engineered was U62.3 and L13.8 but he had U62.5 and L13.5 tied on, Coriolis off U62.8 and L13.2, Spin off also U62.8 and L11.8.
Impact velocity at target was 1346 fps 1207 ft lbs of energy with a flight time of 1.985 seconds.
Optic is a Sightron SIII 6-24x50 MOA from site sponsor Shoot-Long.com, anti cant is a Hollands level, we use our phones for angle.

View attachment 9082

Sorry to be so late responding to your post , I just happened upon it tonight .
Good shooting and very informative information on windage correction .
I am in no way criticizing anything on your post , only perhaps you misread your time of flight .
Just off the top of my head , 1930 yards= 5790 feet in less than 2 seconds equals an average velocity of more than 2900 FPS.
Maybe your flight time was 2.985 seconds ?

Good shooting and good post .

Sorry to be so late responding to your post , I just happened upon it tonight .
Good shooting and very informative information on windage correction .
I am in no way criticizing anything on your post , only perhaps you misread your time of flight .
Just off the top of my head , 1930 yards= 5790 feet in less than 2 seconds equals an average velocity of more than 2900 FPS.
Maybe your flight time was 2.985 seconds ?

Good shooting and good post .

I did not miss read it but the output from my brain to my fingers is not the best :D and yes it should be 2.985, thanks for catching it!

bigngreen, maybe I missed it, but what rifle and load are you shooting and what work have you had done on it. Is it a 338 RUM? I know the action is savage. Nice looking rifle! Just wondering.

bigngreen, maybe I missed it, but what rifle and load are you shooting and what work have you had done on it. Is it a 338 RUM? I know the action is savage. Nice looking rifle! Just wondering.

It's a Savage 110, I trued the lugs, threads and face of the action, tuned Accutrigger, polished bolt and timed, Stockade ground lug.
Barrel is a Brux med palma chambered in 338 RUM head spaced at .001, no nut, 29in long plus 4 port Muscle Brake.
Stockade stock bedded and lines fixed to match action and barrel contour and he sent of for hydro dipping. Rail is a EGW HD 20 MOA and it now has Burris XTR rings. Harris S bipod and Sightron Slll 6-24x50 LRMOA optic. As it sits hunt ready it's right at 12.5 Lbs and around $2200 in parts including optic and everything, there is zero dollars for labor so it gives a guy a good idea what the cost reality really is!!

Load is 90gr of Retumbo lit with a Fed 215 and topped with a Berger 300gr OTM set at 3.850 if I remember right. We're still staking down the MV but it's looking right at 2800-2820fps, with very light pressure signs and very good brass life.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.