What scope, base, and zero. I'm running out at 1670 yards

On my 300WM with a 20MOA base, I have enough dial in the scope (75MOA) to hit 2000 yards using my ATACR. There is also 20MOA in the reticle. Switching to a 40MOA rail would get me to 2300 yards with dial+reticle.

Both of my ATACR scopes have more than 130MOA of adjustment in them.

-David

Actually there is up to 80 MOA in the reticle.

I have a 40 MOA Night Force base and a 5x22x56 MLR Nightforce scope. 338 Lapua with a 300 gr Berger at 2850 fps. I can go up to 85 Moa. On my custom 338 Lapua Imp. I have a 50 Moa custom base. I get 98 Moa with my NF 5.5x22x56

I run a shimmed 30 moa rail & 20.6 moa Sphur mount on both my 375 CT imp.

With a 100 yard zero on my ACTAR I have 2.5moa down & 130 up with a 100 yard zero.

Put that above a CEB 425 @ 3100fps+ & you can shoot a fair old way.

Both my ATARCs have 130moa+ & then there is the reticle

So you want to shoot over a mile? If that is the case just push your zero out 90 more yards since a mile is 1760 not 1670. You plan to hunt that far?

Forgive me me but it's just a common sense question.... If you want to shoot as far as possible buy the stepest cant that your scope will handle and have at it.
My PST gave me app. 45 MOA then I bought an NXS, now I have 82. My BEAST and Gen II have even more.... It is getting a little redicuous with the amount of elevation some scopes have. Much more than most people can see accurately but it's ALWAYS cool to push it farther. If weather is perfect I'm gona try 2000 meters on a 22 x 34 in. target later.

The question was, what are people using setups etc and people listed examples with a 100 yard zero, so I am not sure why you respond in a way. It wasn't just common sense question. Good day.

I was curious what scope you guys are using who shoot at or over 2000 yards.
If you don't mind sharing your setup rifle ie base, scope, and zero. Curious what scope has the most adjustment on the market in MOA etc.
Thanks

With all due respect... If you want to shoot that far and/or get that into "it" YOU should have a good idea what YOU want. Surely, you must have a wish list.....? Unless I am misunderstanding the question.

IMO, for those distances the NF NXS 5.5-22 is about as low-end as you should go. It has a 100 MOA so that should be more than enough - I was hitting steel at just under 1800 yds. with 55.25 MOA at ~ 5000 ft.
I had problems with mid-range scopes and once I spent the money for the right optic everything just fell into place.... I started hitting targets much more often and further away.

There are many different ways to shoot 2k yards but you MUST have great equipmemt to hit consistently. JMO

Have 20 moa bases 338 NM and mark4 and SS and March and can get to 1750+ on all dial and more with reticle hold. In mils

I have two 338s . On the rem 700 I have a 40 MOA nightforce, with a 5x22x56 MLR Nightforce. I can dial 87 MOA up. On my custom 338 Lapua Imp. i have a custom made 50 MoA base. I can dial a 5x22x56 NF up to 98.75 MOA

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.