Primers in stock

yesterday i saw a LGS that had BR-2 - i asked if the price listed was for real. $15.99/sleeve. he told me when they placed the order/backorder last year 18months ago. the price/cost was just over $40 per brick. the distributor apparently went back on the "ordered pricing" and made them pay the "current pricing" before they would ship. - if i recall he said their cost was around 11-1/2 per sleeve. guess they feel that adding the cost of the ordered price to the current price is a fair sale amount… needless to say, with only 6-8 sleeves on the shelf i walked out. ive seen other stores selling for better. - But i guess finding them/having them in stock is the challenge.

I've seen lots lately. None right at the moment. Still haven't been able to find large rifle mag primers
Ouch…$149 is steep even before shipping, Hazmat.

I walked into Sportsmans in Albuquerque last week and they had 2 bricks of Federal Large Rifle Magnums, I could have bought both but decided to leave one behind for the next lucky guy. $54.99 per thousand. Hell of a score.

but until people stop paying 140.00 per brick they are going to keep the prices up high
I've been searching for primers for more than a year while my single brick is steadily being depleted. These are the first I have seen (except on GB, where the prices are much higher). If you shoot a fair amount, at some point you have a decision to make. Pay the ridiculous price or stop shooting. I'll choose the lesser of two evils. I'd rather be buying Federal primers at $55 a brick but at this point beggars can't be choosers.

Ouch…$149 is steep even before shipping, Hazmat.

I walked into Sportsmans in Albuquerque last week and they had 2 bricks of Federal Large Rifle Magnums, I could have bought both but decided to leave one behind for the next lucky guy. $54.99 per thousand. Hell of a score.
Yeah 8 months ago I bought a brick of fed 215 magnum match primers from sportsman's for $41

I wont pay it, guess I can migrate to long range archery when i run out
I look at it like this. There's peeps that eat fast food every day or smoke a pack a day or drink a 6 pack every night. My primers don't add up to anywhere close to those habits. Yes it sucks and it's gouging but until things turn back to semi normal I will still be able to shoot and 2k more primers Ion my bench will get me another year plus.

Anyone have much luck getting on the alert lists when inventory is supposedly back in stock?
Sometimes. You have to be watching. I have gotten Powder in on backorders, that would allow me to backorder the items Powder and cases, nothing with primers. i did luck out a few months back at a new store opening and got brick of Rem 9 1/2 @ $45.00 including sales tax. That was at Sportsmen Wearhouse. They seem to be holding there prices.

Recent Posts