Pre-fit Barrel's

That's a Grayboe Trekker. Really like it. I also have a 7-08 22" Barrel I can spin on in about 5 minutes.
How do you like those Grayboe stocks? I have been looking at them for awhile now, I believe they are built by a son of McMillan. I notice they mention no glass bedding required using there stocks, I have a Bergara B14 HMR, that stock has a built in mini chassis, does the Grayboe have the same thing? What I like about the Grayboe is the flat level bottom rear of the stock, it would slide better on a rear bag. I have a McMillan A3 Sporter in my 28 Nosler I had built, it is not adjustable and that bottom rear of the stock slides the muzzle upwards on recoil with a rear bag, I have to make sure I have a better load on it when shooting versus my Bergara.

How do you like those Grayboe stocks? I have been looking at them for awhile now, I believe they are built by a son of McMillan. I notice they mention no glass bedding required using there stocks, I have a Bergara B14 HMR, that stock has a built in mini chassis, does the Grayboe have the same thing? What I like about the Grayboe is the flat level bottom rear of the stock, it would slide better on a rear bag. I have a McMillan A3 Sporter in my 28 Nosler I had built, it is not adjustable and that bottom rear of the stock slides the muzzle upwards on recoil with a rear bag, I have to make sure I have a better load on it when shooting versus my Bergara.
They're great stocks. I have 4 of them and no complaints. They do not have a mini chassis in them, just pillars but they fit excellent. I still glass bed all of them. That 308 pictured above shoots bug holes. The McMillan stock company was sold off to a holding company from what I understand, Grayboe was started and run by the McMillan boys up in Glendale Az. The Phoenix by Grayboe is also a very nice stock and only 32 ounces, I have my 300WSM in one of them.

They're great stocks. I have 4 of them and no complaints. They do not have a mini chassis in them, just pillars but they fit excellent. I still glass bed all of them. That 308 pictured above shoots bug holes. The McMillan stock company was sold off to a holding company from what I understand, Grayboe was started and run by the McMillan boys up in Glendale Az. The Phoenix by Grayboe is also a very nice stock and only 32 ounces, I have my 300WSM in one of them.
I think I will use them for my builds, I held a Bergara Ridgeback and it felt nice in your hands. I have been looking at the Renegade for my first build. Thanks for the feedback on the Grayboe stocks.

You should look at the Manners stocks also. They offer a mini chassis system and excellent stocks.

I ordered a McGowan prefit for a Remington 700 action. Took it to a local Smith and had him screw it on and set the headspace . Gun shoots 1/2 inch groups without even trying......very happy!

You should look at the Manners stocks also. They offer a mini chassis system and excellent stocks.
Yes, I have looked at those as well, the EH1A is what I would like, but the price on the Manners vs the Grayboe favors the Grayboe. I plan to take another look at them when I start the build, have to figure out the bottom metal I want to use, whether BDL or DBM.

Yes, I have looked at those as well, the EH1A is what I would like, but the price on the Manners vs the Grayboe favors the Grayboe. I plan to take another look at them when I start the build, have to figure out the bottom metal I want to use, whether BDL or DBM.

Yeah Manners aren't the cheapest but comes down to what you want and want to spend as usual. If building a rifle that you will keep a long time and use a lot then the Manners being a few hundred more shouldn't be too much of a killer. Manners have the BDL and DBM options in the mini chassis. I have only used the DBM though for match rifles. Nice to be able to bolt in and go.

For a hunting rifle I use either bdl bottom metal or the HS Precision DBM it is built very well and a tight close fit for the mag and zero rattle kinda pricey but worth it in my opinion

Just saw this pop up and on topic for anyone looking for a prefit. PVA does great work as some know and they are having their Black Friday sale on prefit barrels and brakes.

https://patriotvalleyarms.com/black...pEU2zKaVzIVtzyKTpHG8vlXFIZdFL-Hy2gwnn0BW8Osrg
They do great work for sure but they take a long time. My Prefit barrel took over 9 months to get and then it was chambered wrong. I ordered a 6.5 Creedmoor Rockcreek M24 contour for my ARC Nucleus. What I got was that contour but chamber was cut for a 6mm Creedmoor. All said and done it was over 12 months for my barrel. At that time I was not installing my own barrels and it cost me extra Smith fees. This was about 5 years ago but my experience was not a good one. I will give them a A+ for the work but not so much for delivering it on time. Anyways…. They do make a good barrel.