Pre-Fit Barrels

Lahunter76

Just purchased a Tikka T3x SS long action and looking at possibilities of a prefit carbon barrels, looking mainly at a 6.5-284 Norma.

anyone have any prefits to suggest or pros/cons of a prefit.

looking for something 20-22" max length, would prefer a sendero light contour but not 100% against a normal sendero type contour.

tikka tx3 Action/trigger/bottom metal
Carbon fiber barrel 20-22" 1:8 or 1:7.5 twist
McMillan Edge Fill stock(not sure which one yet)

this is where I am thinking about heading....hoping to put together a nice light easy handling hunting rig!

From what I understand you can get a shouldered prefit for the Tikka in several different styles. I'd hunt down a place that does them and see what they can do for you. I don't have an experience with them otherwise I'd help ya. All the prefits I've seen shoot very well

Find yourself a barrel and send it to Deep South Tactical - they're running a special for chambering pre-fits (and muzzle threads) for $300. Just mention you saw a Snipershide special going on. I'm pretty sure they are set up to do Tikka shouldered prefits.

I'm just waiting for them to finally get a 22 Creed reamer in...

Kinda from what I have read the prefits are a screw on and shoot type deal, I am not smith and am new to a lot of the "custom/semi Custom" stuff

but if anyone Has a suggestion to a company/brand I am open, I have looked at Proof but I don't see a 6.5-284, I saw the X-Caliber will do a prefit in what I want but known very little about them.

Carbon 6 also offers Tikka prefits, although not 100% sure they are shouldered prefits (meaning, no barrel nut needed). Quite a few gunsmiths will spin them up for you these days: Straight Jacket Armory (be prepared to wait), Altus Shooting Solutions, Deep South Tactical, etc.

Kinda from what I have read the prefits are a screw on and shoot type deal, I am not smith and am new to a lot of the "custom/semi Custom" stuff

but if anyone Has a suggestion to a company/brand I am open, I have looked at Proof but I don't see a 6.5-284, I saw the X-Caliber will do a prefit in what I want but known very little about them.
Ask Greg Young@Southern precision rifle's'sa.k.a.bugholes.com

I have 3 Xcaliber barrels in 22 creedmoor all of them will shoot 1/2" or less groups at 200yds this is one group I have shot it is not the best one I have shot only picture I have

Attachments

• B387FA32-2671-41F9-B688-A7205CF64900.jpeg
    B387FA32-2671-41F9-B688-A7205CF64900.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 71
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.