Pre-fit Barrel's

Carbon Six LLC is your friend ifyou are looking for a shoulder pre-fit carbon barrel.
If carbon six would just make prefits in like the top 10 calibers they would make a killing. I can't believe someone hasn't dominated this area yet. Like mass produce prefit barrels for the average joe rifle builder that doesn't want to spend thousands on a lathe.

Think I looked at preferred but will look again. Really want a proof if they had it in a smaller contour than sendero. I do not need a carbon barrel and a fluted medium weight steel barrel is about as light without the bulk. Carbonsix is a Mcgowen barrel so…. Leaning towards the Mcgowen since it is close to half the proof price, has good reviews, and i need to explore some new to me companies.

Think I looked at preferred but will look again. Really want a proof if they had it in a smaller contour than sendero. I do not need a carbon barrel and a fluted medium weight steel barrel is about as light without the bulk. Carbonsix is a Mcgowen barrel so…. Leaning towards the Mcgowen since it is close to half the proof price, has good reviews, and i need to explore some new to me companies.
I did a .750 straight fluted contour by PBB and they're a great profile. Not too heavy either! Here's the 300WSM. I did the same contour on my 308 and 7-08.

AEEBFA1D-9A09-4A7E-AB59-DF716957A207.jpeg

I have a switch barrel on a bighorn TL3 and it's amazing.
I think with the increasing lack of availability of Remington actions that this is the way of the future. You can buy one custom action and barrel to the calibers of your choice within diameter of bolt face, .308 being most popular.
Savage actions are a less expensive but no less accurate alternative and offer easy change of bolt faces for .223/.308 calibers.
The only reason that makes sense for a shouldered barrel is if your building a smokeless muzzleloader and want to have that 1-1/4" shank for 5-6" for an extra margin of safety. And again you can build an extremely accurate and safe smokeless with a prefit if you limit your powder charges.