My scope came IN,FEENIX.Silly guys
I have several Leupolds and 1 Bushnell Nitro and I feel the Leupold's has an advantage.Don't own Burris anymore but owned a few years ago and would put the Crimson Trace in a similar category but my clearest scope is Zeiss Conquest with my eyes.
I would say it's in the same class as my Vortex's scopes and I like them.
I have Athlon scope and feel with my eyes the Athlon is a good bit better but that may be different with your eyes.I also own a couple of Nikon Monarch and feel the Nikon is a bit crisper.
Other's may see it different since ocular disparity hits us all at some point in our years but for 300.00 bucks it's a great buy.
The reticle is small on lowest setting but I can still read the numbers.Younger eyes may see it differently but on 16 I can watch the birds in tree's and can tell the sparrow's from the robin's at around 200 yards.I can see colors on small birds so it is pretty clear.
Most likely you will not regret your purchase if you get a Crimson Trace,no regrets here so far but I just got it and still in the box until I decide which rifle to put it on.
Old Rooster

Select Sightrons on sale now at Midway USA. Prices are pretty good, actually...

889C5ADF-F938-4CD8-9E45-BB72FCE07234.png

Feenix & Old Rooster, Comparing your Crimson Trace to other scopes for clarity, how would it compare to the old Leupold Vari-X 3, Bushnell Elite, or one of the other scopes you have. I know it is not an expensive scope, but I just wonder if it might be as good or better than Riton or the new Burris Signature. How does it rank for resolution/clarity?
I have a few old Leupold VXs I-IIIs and B&C, and I have Bushnells but not the Elite, and the Crimson Trace 2's optical clarity is better.

My scope came IN,FEENIX.Silly guys
I have several Leupolds and 1 Bushnell Nitro and I feel the Leupold's has an advantage.Don't own Burris anymore but owned a few years ago and would put the Crimson Trace in a similar category but my clearest scope is Zeiss Conquest with my eyes.
I would say it's in the same class as my Vortex's scopes and I like them.
I have Athlon scope and feel with my eyes the Athlon is a good bit better but that may be different with your eyes.I also own a couple of Nikon Monarch and feel the Nikon is a bit crisper.
Other's may see it different since ocular disparity hits us all at some point in our years but for 300.00 bucks it's a great buy.
The reticle is small on lowest setting but I can still read the numbers.Younger eyes may see it differently but on 16 I can watch the birds in tree's and can tell the sparrow's from the robin's at around 200 yards.I can see colors on small birds so it is pretty clear.
Most likely you will not regret your purchase if you get a Crimson Trace,no regrets here so far but I just got it and still in the box until I decide which rifle to put it on.
Old Rooster
Agreed!

Crimson Trace 2 4-16x50 x2.jpg

FEENIX is your Crimson Trace on 4 have a tiny reticle?
I own several FFP scopes and have a full reticle on low power with them.
Like I said I can still read the numbers along side but that reticle is small.

FEENIX is your Crimson Trace on 4 have a tiny reticle?
I own several FFP scopes and have a full reticle on low power with them.
Like I said I can still read the numbers along side but that reticle is small.
I, too, have several FFPs and have gotten used to them at lower magnification. Yes, they are smaller than SFP and are one of the peoples' complaints about FFPas well as the reticle's size when at full magnification. No problem with it at all.

One of my favorite FFP scope is Athlon Ares 2.5x15x50 and its a bit smaller but not this small.
I still like the scope but was just wondering if it is that small on every crimson Trace FFP?
Now I know.Thanks and I will keep this scope as I can still read the numbers on reticle.