Help me scope my Sako TRG .300 WM

sakoluvr

This is primarily a beanfield hunting rig, that I will occasionally use for target shooting. Shots should be no longer than 600-700ish yards from tower stands.

I have narrowed down my scopes to these 2 (disregard reticles right now):
Zeiss Diavari Victory FL T 4-15x50
Swarovski Z6 BT 3-18x50

Both have turrets, and close in price. Can you help me decide on the better scope for hunting? Not sure if I am going to like the Swarovoski turret with the colored arrow thingys.

I am not interested in Nightforce, March etc. I want one of these 2 scopes.

I have been hunting over 35 years with classic sporting rifles, but wanted to get into a new arena to keep the challenges coming. Thanks.

I would go with the Swaro for the larger power range. Those colored arrow thingy's are pretty dang cool once you know how to use them. Quality and such between the two are a wash really. Best thing would be to look through them both and see which one YOUR eye likes better.

Thanks. I am starting to think for hunting, the Swarovski turrets may be the way to go. seems like a quick system to get on target fast.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts