Burris Veracity, Burris XTR, Meopta, Nightforce SHV, others mentioned above, and don't sleep on some of Bushnells higher end stuff.

I personally like the Burris Veracity 3x15x50 I have better than my Vortex Viper 6x24x50 HSLR.

No problems with my NF SHV on my 300 win. Sightron S3 and PST Gen 2 are others I'd look at. Zeiss V4 Demo from Redhawks rifles may fit the requirements as well.

Hey there,

Long time shooter, but just getting my first bolt gun for hunting season (and some 500+ yard shooting for fun)
Picked up a Bergara B-14 HMR in .300 WM

My question revolves around my scope choice. I understand there are a plethora of great scopes to be had in the $700-1,000 range, particularly from Vortex such as the Razor, Strike Eagle, or Viper PST Gen 2. All around 5-24x50.

My biggest concern when reading/watching reviews, however, is that most of them have 200-400 rounds fired out of a 6.5 Creedmoore or a .308, and not a cannon like the .300 WM. These copes withstanding the recoil is my concern.

My question is this: Are there any scopes in the sub $1k price point that have a history of doing better on high recoil-impulse rifles than others?
Just in my short time researching, I'm finding that these scopes are ALL subject to bad batches, and that the whole "Made in Phillipines" vs. "Made in China" doesn't actually translate to better or worse QC. Doesn't help the Strike Eagle is so new either from a history comparison perspective either.

Thoughts/opinions (other than the "gitchu a $2,400 NF") are appreciated!
For your consideration, I got this earlier this week and ended up ordering a second one from Midway for <$300, esp. for a lifetime warranty, illuminated with a lifetime supply of batteries, and 100 MOA.

Crimson Trace 2 4-16x50 1 of 3.jpg
Crimson Trace 2 4-16x50 2 of 3.jpg
Crimson Trace 2 4-16x50 3 of 3.jpg

I have bought several scopes from Doug at Cameraland and am very pleased.
If there is a better deal on scopes he will tell you.If you have questions he is THE guy to talk to.
Give the scope guru a call and he can give you more ideas.
Old Rooster

Feenix & Old Rooster, Comparing your Crimson Trace to other scopes for clarity, how would it compare to the old Leupold Vari-X 3, Bushnell Elite, or one of the other scopes you have. I know it is not an expensive scope, but I just wonder if it might be as good or better than Riton or the new Burris Signature. How does it rank for resolution/clarity?