Now What? Big game hunting is over and only one football game left

Keep 'em coming.
If I wasn't so busy with school and had a little bit more cash, I'd be building a rifle for competition style shooting. There are three Western Precision Rifle matches right down the road this year. I think they're there most years. So I need to get that rifle build for that. Then I'd be loading and shooting and practicing, all the way until hunting season starts again too.

Last edited:
I hate this time of year! I'm guessing that I'm not alone. What are you all doing to occupy your time in this 'LUL'? I am going to have to really buckle down, and not go into spending mode, as I never really stopped spending last year, and that trend needs to stop. I am planning to reorganize the reloading room (again), including a deep clean, and put some sort of system together to inventory rifles, rifle parts, reloading components and reloading data. I am also thinking of designing a gun room for my next home, so I don't have to deal with organizing rifles in safes, and so that I can have them on display (for myself). I also went through a streak where I was swapping scopes around to use for developing loads, while waiting on other scopes. So, the scopes and their intended purposes aren't optimized right now (i.e. heavy scope on lightweight rifle). The other thing on my list is to fine tune loads for a few rifles, and go through and set (or reset) the zero stop on all the scopes that have them, and reset the zero on all scopes that aren't now.

As always, I am hoping opportunities come along to teach some new folks how to shoot and reload, and maybe build some rifle with them.

What are you all working on?
I am right there with you have some items that require repair on the house, I have to optimize loads on a couple newer rifles and one older one. I need to perhaps finally breakdown and buy a new scope or better rings for the older one. But I need to stop spending as well as have a daughter heading off to college in little over a year or so. Super Bowl this weekend, Daytona 500 next weekend, then TV stays off.

I hate this time of year! I'm guessing that I'm not alone. What are you all doing to occupy your time in this 'LUL'? I am going to have to really buckle down, and not go into spending mode, as I never really stopped spending last year, and that trend needs to stop. I am planning to reorganize the reloading room (again), including a deep clean, and put some sort of system together to inventory rifles, rifle parts, reloading components and reloading data. I am also thinking of designing a gun room for my next home, so I don't have to deal with organizing rifles in safes, and so that I can have them on display (for myself). I also went through a streak where I was swapping scopes around to use for developing loads, while waiting on other scopes. So, the scopes and their intended purposes aren't optimized right now (i.e. heavy scope on lightweight rifle). The other thing on my list is to fine tune loads for a few rifles, and go through and set (or reset) the zero stop on all the scopes that have them, and reset the zero on all scopes that aren't now.

As always, I am hoping opportunities come along to teach some new folks how to shoot and reload, and maybe build some rifle with them.

What are you all working on?
Yea, forgot an important item, then got to get my fly fishing rigs going for that season. Hopefully will continue my quest t fish the rest of the "100 places to go flyfishing before I die". A book one of my daughters gave me.

Okay, it's another day today. I was giving my dog a walk this morning and smelled the unmistakable scent from a skunk. I'm thankful the dog was on a leash. The skunk actually came running toward us. It was a struggle to pull the 120lb dog away from the incoming stink bomb. I guess I will be doing a little skunk hunting now. The thought of trying to wash the skunk smell off my dog is very concerning.

Truthfully it's scouting time for next year till the bugs come back out.

Getting ready for Kayak season for Tog then Flounder stripers bluefish.
Lots of fun target shooting and working up new loads.
BBQ's with family. My smoker is ready
Here is my baby. LSG PELLET SMOKER

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240209_124834_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240209_124834_Photos.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 32
You need to check with CHRIS or another administrator you've been here long enough and have enough posts . I can't PM you either.
338 I emailed them but the link/ video they sent did not seem to apply to my account or how my page is set up. Are you coyote hunting in Tn.? Well if I can't connect with you I wish you much success, and thanks.

338 I emailed them but the link/ video they sent did not seem to apply to my account or how my page is set up. Are you coyote hunting in Tn.? Well if I can't connect with you I wish you much success, and thanks.
Actually have a coyote tournament in the morning that's all the hunting I do this time of year pretty much.

Been working at straightening up and reorganizing the reloading room and while at it taking inventory of my supplies. Of course that will end up costing us money. Have a couple rifles to get going. Grandsons basketball season is almost over. So will go to our cabin and spend some time, have some good places to shoot over there. Get my bow out and start shooting. Then about 1st of April take off for a month of spring fishing (crappie and bass). By then it will be time to start scouting and getting ready for archery season. As far as football, I haven't paid much attention to it since they started showing disrespect. But will admit that when friends and family get together for the super bowl I do join in. Best wishes to all.