nosler's lr accubond

Tough to tell how they will really perform compared to the originals. I will try the 210's and 175's as soon as I can. Time will tell. I wish that they had released them earlier so i could use them in Africa in two weeks.

If anyone finds them let me know there will be a finders fee if I can buy them these bullets will be ausomse the ab is great and shoots great it not very picky I know the lr Is a differnt design but if it holds together better than theberger it will take over the market it will be a Target bullet but with a little more retention. We have harvested blacktail deer mule deer blackbear and bighorn sheep with the bergers over 700 yards and have always wanted little more retention this bullet should be the anser we have to custom 300 normas being built just for these bullets so now we need some let me know please

If anyone finds them let me know there will be a finders fee if I can buy them these bullets will be ausomse the ab is great and shoots great it not very picky I know the lr Is a differnt design but if it holds together better than theberger it will take over the market it will be a Target bullet but with a little more retention. We have harvested blacktail deer mule deer blackbear and bighorn sheep with the bergers over 700 yards and have always wanted little more retention this bullet should be the anser we have to custom 300 normas being built just for these bullets so now we need some let me know please
Like I said shortly after I first heard of the new LR Accubond being developed, if they perform as advertised they have just really raised the game a couple of notches when it comes to "best long range hunting bullet".

If they do, this whole game is about to get much more interesting and stay that way for 3-5 years while the other hunting vld makers are playing catch up and trying to "one up" Nosler.

What intrigues me most, is their claim that their new LR AB will still expand and perform down to 1,300 fps. The current AB is advertised as needing 1,800 fps to perform (I think the Bergers are in the same range). So if their claim is true, then those of us using AB's just had our terminal bullet performance extended by another 200-300 yards downrange. As always the proof is in the pudding.

Last edited:
I was surprised to see some stocks of Nosler's 30 cal regular Accubonds including some 200 grn Ab's at Sportsman's the other day. There wasn't anything there a few weeks before. Nosler must be getting some orders out...

well The word is out, that Best of the west will have Nosler as a sponser, and will be shooting the new accu-bond long range! they will be using some on a bear hunt in the next 10 days. they are designed like the regular accu-bond in that they are designed to shed 20% of the weight and the back 3/4 of the bullet has a thicker jacket for deep penatration and a bonded core. so as the berger are a broadside bullet, these will be able to take more quatering away shots and still be able to punch thru the paunch to reach the vitals!

If the reviews come in good, I would like to try them in my .264 Win Mag & I'm fine with a 129gr bullet since this is just my Deer & Antelope Rifle. I'm a little different but I have had great success with Nosler's BT bullets just bang flop most of the time but I've only pushed it to a little over 500 yds. I practice for longer shots but end up sneaking closer or the Deer just bust out underneath me a few hundred yds, I never planned on shooting beyond 800 yds, just my limit & the 129gr .264 would do anything I would ask of it.

well The word is out, that Best of the west will have Nosler as a sponser, and will be shooting the new accu-bond long range! they will be using some on a bear hunt in the next 10 days. they are designed like the regular accu-bond in that they are designed to shed 20% of the weight and the back 3/4 of the bullet has a thicker jacket for deep penatration and a bonded core. so as the berger are a broadside bullet, these will be able to take more quatering away shots and still be able to punch thru the paunch to reach the vitals!
The question is......... Is it appropriate to take shots like this at long range..............i.e. >>> "quatering away shots and still be able to punch thru the paunch to reach the vitals"

To me long range shots at game should be restricted to broadside shot only and that is what a long range projectile should be designed to do.

The question is......... Is it appropriate to take shots like this at long range..............i.e. >>> "quatering away shots and still be able to punch thru the paunch to reach the vitals"

To me long range shots at game should be restricted to broadside shot only and that is what a long range projectile should be designed to do.

Well I let a real nice 6 x6 bull elk walk because it was a steep quartering shot it was only 331yds but I would have had to hit just in front of the back leg thru the stomach and into the vitals, I didn't take the shot cause I dont think the Berger would have made it to the vitals, I do remember thinking to myself if I had an accu-bond that would be a dead bull!

Thats a "it's your decision" question. There's few guys on here that I have no doubt can do that with monotonous regularity, but like everybody else a guy should base it on, confidence, and real practice, and lastly equipment.

Well I let a real nice 6 x6 bull elk walk because it was a steep quartering shot it was only 331yds but I would have had to hit just in front of the back leg thru the stomach and into the vitals, I didn't take the shot cause I dont think the Berger would have made it to the vitals, I do remember thinking to myself if I had an accu-bond that would be a dead bull!

I like your optimism in the Accubond, I don't share it after using it for years. The Accubond was a major reason I gave Bergers a try and haven't looked back.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.