nosler's lr accubond

ishootkittens

have u guys seen these yet? their advertised b.c. is unbelievable!

.264" 129gr spitzer: 0.561
.277: 150gr spitzer: 0.625
.284: 150gr spitzer: 0.611
.284: 168gr spitzer: 0.652
.284: 175gr spitzer: 0.672
.308: 190gr spitzer: 0.640
.308: 210gr spitzer: 0.730! (still gettin over that one and the .277")

the most suprising thing is their 6.5' s arent as impressive as the rest. compared to their "regular" accubonds, these are pretty advanced! any thoughts?

I kept bugging nosler about them, what tolerances their held to, how they calc the BC. I think I emailed them 4 time before I got a response. Their holding them to the same tolerances as everything else which means buying a bunch and then a lot of sorting, their bc is derived from a formula so it's likely very optimistic. I think I'm going to stay with Berger and Matrix for long range, and partitions in the 270 for intermediate and short range.

The BC on the 6.5s is low because it's a 129 gr. Instead of a 140 or 142 gr. My question is will they expand at long range at lower velocities?

With no one beating the terminal performance of the Accubond by much if any at all I'm very definitely going to give a few of these a ride in the 7mm STW, 300wm and 300 Rum.

If the BC's hold up anywhere close to true and the terminal performance remains equal to the regular Accubond this is going to be a real game changer in the future of long range hunting and shooting and will no doubt spur some of the other premium bullet makers to push their games farther and faster than they have in the past.

It's a win/win for all of us no matter how this particular bullet performs.

I believe the listed BC's are static. I believe the real world #'s will be lower, maybe a little, maybe a lot. I would put my money towards the latter. But who knows, I sure would like to be wrong.:cool:

I'm looking forward to the inevitable upcoming assessments from the guys here.

t

i loved the original accubonds because of their performance on game..but if these b.c.'s are correct they will definitely take over the hunting market! im sure they will have a pretty price tag on them but i hope they are here to stay. i miiiiiiiiiiight even be able to load those 190 or 210gr bullets to mag length without decreasing case capacity in my wsm.

now as for the 6.5's...i wonder why decided to go with the 129gr instead of 140? I am no engineer by any means but wont the 140 outperform the 129ers everytime at longer range?

have u guys seen these yet? their advertised b.c. is unbelievable!

.264" 129gr spitzer: 0.561
.277: 150gr spitzer: 0.625
.284: 150gr spitzer: 0.611
.284: 168gr spitzer: 0.652
.284: 175gr spitzer: 0.672
.308: 190gr spitzer: 0.640
.308: 210gr spitzer: 0.730! (still gettin over that one and the .277")

the most suprising thing is their 6.5' s arent as impressive as the rest. compared to their "regular" accubonds, these are pretty advanced! any thoughts?

The 129 6.5 is comparable to the BC of Swifts 130 Scirrocco with listed BC.571, Bergers hunting 130 listed at .552 on paper anyhow. If the 308 190 pans out my only question is do I put together a 30-06 around it or a 300 H&H

You can fairly easily judge what kind of BC their going to have by looking at what's out their in the same design and weight range. Berger has the most accurate BC out there, 270 cal 150gr is G1 .531 and the 7mm 168gr at .617, there is no way on earth that the Nosler is going to have a higher BC. The number they list for the 270 bullet is nearly what the 165 Matrix is and it's 15 gr heavier and a better design!!

I like having more choices and bullet to shoot but in no way, shape or form are these "revolutionary" or "game changers", we've had the Interbond and Sciroccos for quite some time. The Accubond LR is more Nosler finally catching up with where other have been.

You can fairly easily judge what kind of BC their going to have by looking at what's out their in the same design and weight range. Berger has the most accurate BC out there, 270 cal 150gr is G1 .531 and the 7mm 168gr at .617, there is no way on earth that the Nosler is going to have a higher BC. The number they list for the 270 bullet is nearly what the 165 Matrix is and it's 15 gr heavier and a better design!!

I like having more choices and bullet to shoot but in no way, shape or form are these "revolutionary" or "game changers", we've had the Interbond and Sciroccos for quite some time. The Accubond LR is more Nosler finally catching up with where other have been.
I agree, and in addition at 0.70 a bullet their 65% more expensive that Berger and Matrix. To get the same level of repeatable exterior ballistics you will have to weight sort them at the very least. Since Nosler told me that they will be held to the same tolerances of their existing lines, I checked the bearing lengths. I found A variance of 0.004" in the same lot, I have weight sorted them to withing 0.1gr with those bullets of the same weight that I have sorted the bearing length was 0.002" or less variance. The heavier bullets had a longer bearing length. So IMHO opinion your paying a lot more for a bullet that won't get you on target any more accurately, you'll still need to go through the tedious task of sorting, to achieve the same level of down range (past 500yrds) performance. Not bashing Nosler just comparing them to what I have come to expect from a long range bullets made by the folks that have made the standard. Right now I don't feel that Nosler is meeting that standard, without the end user performing a lot off work you shouldn't need to, and at a greater cost.

seem to have some hostility towards nosler..did nosler pick on you as a child?

I will be giving the 7mm 175 grainers a try in my 284 win, i will start a thread on my findings once im done. Midway has the price of some of them on their website.

seem to have some hostility towards nosler..did nosler pick on you as a child?

Not hostile at all, I shoot a lot of Nosler product, just waiting to fall all over myself declaring them the greatest long range bullet of all time until I shoot them, or at least someone shoots them :D

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.