7mm LR accubond

Tarheelpwr

I've seen a lot of mixed reviews on these. I was watching Best of the West and saw the 129 drop an elk in it's tracks at around 400 and 600 yards from a 264 WM, so it go me curious. Anyone have any actual on game experience with the 7mm offering, namely the 150 and 168 LR AB?

I'm entertaining the 150 for my 7mm-08 when it comes in, and I'm looking at the 168 for a Savage 7mm RUM I have to play with this fall. I'm leaning toward the 168 due to the reduced BC in a 9 twist barrel the 175 got based on the research Litz put out.

Are they worth the effort, or should I just stick with the 162 Amax in the -08 and a 180 Berger in the RUM?

Chris

Any bullet/caliber can do that...Shot placement is key, and also every animal reacts differently to being shot. Some hit the ground, some hit the ground then get back up and run, and some just take off running... It's a crap-shoot, you just never know.

If I were you, I'd look at the Berger 168 VLD in the 7mm-08. I had the same thing happen with a deer last year with a 168 VLD and my 7mmRM, but it was at around 175 yards.

As for the 7RUM, I would stick with the 180's... It is a much more efficient bullet option for a case that size. Also, the Berger 180 VLD and Hybrid will spin in a 9-twist barrel just fine, whereas the ABLR is more of a bore-rider type bullet (longer bearing surface), so it requires a faster twist to stabilize it.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts