Nosler LR Accubond .270 cal. question

kuduman

I already replied to another post but will ask the same question here.. I am replacing my barrel on a 270 Weatherby. I want to shoot the 150 gr. LR accubond. Nosler says that the 1:10 twist in minimum and the 1:9 is recommended. I only have the option of a 10 or 8 twist. Since the 10 is toooo slow, will the 8 twist be toooo fast ?? I'm also concerned that if the gun does not like this bullet, will the 8 twist be too fast for other bullets in the 140 or 150 gr. weight ? Any advice will be appreciated
Thanks

I do not know about the 8 or 9 twist. I am using these with a 10 and I am very pleased with their accuracy. I have not been hunting with them so we will see. I hope this helps.

I already replied to another post but will ask the same question here.. I am replacing my barrel on a 270 Weatherby. I want to shoot the 150 gr. LR accubond. Nosler says that the 1:10 twist in minimum and the 1:9 is recommended. I only have the option of a 10 or 8 twist. Since the 10 is toooo slow, will the 8 twist be toooo fast ?? I'm also concerned that if the gun does not like this bullet, will the 8 twist be too fast for other bullets in the 140 or 150 gr. weight ? Any advice will be appreciated
Thanks

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/nosler-lr-accubonds-bc-testing-results-137554/

The 150 LRABs shoot fine out of my 10 twist 270WSM (Nosler 48C). Have shot them out to 1000 with no stability issues. My load for the 150 LRAB and 150 VLD
POI's are very close.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.