.270 WSM with the 165 Nosler Accubond LR

The regular accubond does well in the short mag. The 130 is a hammer on deer and the 130 or 140 should work on elk also. My son has killed 2 big mulies out west with the 130. One if them was pushing 300#.

My 270WSM loves the factory Hornady 145 ELD-X, but I'm getting more and more interested in the 6.8W now that I've seen more details on it. Impressive numbers, for sure.

Hi gents,

I just picked up a box of the 165's and was wondering if anyone has tried these in the.270 wsm. I'm running just an Xbolt hunter that loves both Barnes and Noslers. I will most likely try these out with some IMR 4350. Thanks in advance.
59gr H4831sc in my Tikka Varmint .392 group at 100yrds

My son just tried his tikka 270 wsm this past weekend and shot a feral bull (wild cattle) and 3 sheep with the 165 gr ABLR. With 60.2 gr of RL19 and a 3.050" COAL he sighted it in at 250 yds (0.73" 3-shots). The first was the feral bull at 149 yds base of neck shot (no exit) completely shattered it's vertebrae only the boattail section with some lead resting on the far side in the neck muscle. First ram 308 yds complete pass thru both shoulder blades, exit 4" destroyed the lungs. Second ram 77 yds quartering away, entering on the last rib 2" exit hole on the far side again destroyed the lungs. Third sheep a ewe at 199 yds facing him bullet enters her chest and resting in her gut area, he didn't look for that bullet. All of the animals dropped instantly. So far the 165 ABLR is doing excellent in his Tikka with a 1-8" twist. Hopefully he can get more animals to test the limits of this 165 gr ABLR. Aloha

Great info B-LOT. Any idea what velocity getting with RL-19?
I believe my son told me 2966 fps avg. with a 25" barrel. He has around 40-50 shots so it should speed up a little. I will confirm with him. He called this evening and got a 90 lbs sow this afternoon, head shot at 110 yds blew a hole on the exit with her eye balls popping out. Not any useful info for long range but he seems to be getting more confident in the ABLR. Aloha

I really like that they came out with the 6.8 Western; I love that we're trending towards more efficient case design, and heavy-for-caliber bullet weights. That being said, I thought I would be trading in my 270wsm for a 6.8W, but I just can't bring myself to do it. It stacks factory 145 ELD-X and I just got a bunch of 150gr ABLR that I'm going to try. If I burn the barrel out, I think I'll opt for a fast twist 270wsm on the next go around, since I have the components already.

Recent Posts