Nosler 175 LR accubond

DCGS

Official LRH SPONSOR
I got some of the 175's this week. I wanted to try to compare them to the berger 180vld hunting as close as I could. I loaded some with the load I was shooting in the bergers and shot. I was using my magneto speed chrno. The bergers shot about like always. The accubonds a little better with no signs of pressure.I knew the bergers were at max load. I went up .3 grs to 62.5 of H 1000. The group at 100yds was between 1/4 and 3/8's of a inch. Today I went to my friends range and shot out to 1000yds. The best I got the bergers was 5 inches. The accubonds 3 inches. I shot several more groups the worst with the bergers was just over 7 inches. The accubonds was 4 and 3/8's. the accubonds seemed to be a little more consistent. The conditions were good, overcast with little wind. I tried to be as fare as I could with each bullet. If I thought it was not a good shot I would do it over. I don't know if if the accubond are better but today in my gun they out shot the bergers. I am going to try to test them a deer next weekend. Hope they kill as good as they shoot. the first one is the 3 inch group with the accubonds. There are 2 touching and 3 inches to the left. The second one is the 5 inch bergers. Dan

Attachments

• 20131013_124230[1].jpg
    20131013_124230[1].jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 118
  • 20131013_131311[1].jpg
    20131013_131311[1].jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Do you think the advertised BCs on the Accubond LRs are a little inflated? At least as far as the 175 grain is concerned. What were the velocities of the Bergers and the Accubonds?

Great Shooting and good report, thanks!

It appears the ABLR and the Hunting VLD are almost identical in weight and shape and not surprising they shoot the same drops. It looks like Nosler got this bullet right if it does well in the killing department.

Awesome shooting!

I have a few boxes of the Nosler 7mm 168gr AccuBond Long Range for my twin Remington 700 Sendero SF 7mm STWs that I'm still developing a load for.

I have a few questions if you could answer I would appreciate it:

- Can you tell me what is the twist rate on the barrel?

- What was the velocity (fps) on the AccuBond Long Range bullets that measured with your magnetospeed chrono?

- Also, how far from the lands did you load the AccuBond Long Range bullets?

Thanks!

It was my 7/300wsm. 67.5 gr. of H1000 with the accubonds and 67.2 H1000 in the bergers. Dan

Hey Dan nice shooting, I am looking at building a 7wsm or 7/300 wsm and would just like to get your thaughts on the build.
Topics like,short action or long action,barrel lenght. Building it for hunting and long range targets. Also what was the coals of the two different bullets.
Thanks Jeremy.

I will try to remember all the questions. The barrel twist is 8. The length is 28 inches. You need to use a long action with the bergers or the accubond. I think the col was 3.120. I was shooting them .007 off the lands. That was just a number I picked to make an even number. I think it measured 3.127 so I just backed it up to 3.120. The velocity was 2989 on accubonds. Dan

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.