Final Word On Nosler Accubond LR

I am a fan of partitions. 165gr in 30-06 at 2750fps, 150gr in 270win at 2935fps, 100gr in .243win @ 2919fps. When the accubonds came out I jumped off the partition wagon for a bit. I shot the same accubond weight as partition weight in all 3 calibers. I found no difference in performance on game. Keep in mind that all my shots range from 40yds to 325yds. I've had consistent one shot DRT kills with all three calibers. Not so much with the accubond LR. In the same bullet weight and loading they shoot to a totally different point of impact. Probably the difference in BC. I didn't like the LR's performance on deer. I shot two the same day. Both stood there like I had missed at 110yds. When I checked out where they were standing I found blood. The guide found one about 100yds away and the other the tracking dog found nearly 400yds away. I never chase max velocity or pressures when I reload. I pretty much know the ranges I'll be shooting at and try to achieve a MV that gives me terminal velocity that is within the bullet manufacturers performance spec. I went back to using the partitions. In .270 I started with 130gr and found it caused massive meat damage, I went to the 150gr and now have minimal meat loss. I can usually find partitions in store or online. I did dabble with Swift A-frames and found them equal to partitions. Swift's Scirocco's were easy to develop a load for and performed really well on deer. The Swift's are not easy to find.

I am a fan of partitions. 165gr in 30-06 at 2750fps, 150gr in 270win at 2935fps, 100gr in .243win @ 2919fps. When the accubonds came out I jumped off the partition wagon for a bit. I shot the same accubond weight as partition weight in all 3 calibers. I found no difference in performance on game. Keep in mind that all my shots range from 40yds to 325yds. I've had consistent one shot DRT kills with all three calibers. Not so much with the accubond LR. In the same bullet weight and loading they shoot to a totally different point of impact. Probably the difference in BC. I didn't like the LR's performance on deer. I shot two the same day. Both stood there like I had missed at 110yds. When I checked out where they were standing I found blood. The guide found one about 100yds away and the other the tracking dog found nearly 400yds away. I never chase max velocity or pressures when I reload. I pretty much know the ranges I'll be shooting at and try to achieve a MV that gives me terminal velocity that is within the bullet manufacturers performance spec. I went back to using the partitions. In .270 I started with 130gr and found it caused massive meat damage, I went to the 150gr and now have minimal meat loss. I can usually find partitions in store or online. I did dabble with Swift A-frames and found them equal to partitions. Swift's Scirocco's were easy to develop a load for and performed really well on deer. The Swift's are not easy to find.
We've had nothing but fantastic results in my wife's 6.5x47 Lapua with the 129 ABLR. She's killed 10-12 animals (WT, Axis, Red Hind) at ranges from 50 yards to 300 yards with performance just as I expect from a bonded hunting bullet: full pass through, good blood trails and massive internal trauma.

We've had nothing but fantastic results in my wife's 6.5x47 Lapua with the 129 ABLR. She's killed 10-12 animals (WT, Axis, Red Hind) at ranges from 50 yards to 300 yards with performance just as I expect from a bonded hunting bullet: full pass through, good blood trails and massive internal trauma.
All I was trying to say was that the Accubond and the Accubond Long Range are really different. Different BC, different construction. One performs better beyond a certain range. I had a perfect record with bang flops since 1980 and it changed when I tried the Accubond. I hunt with a bunch of guys that swear by them, and have taken a lot of animals over the years. Not saying it isn't a good bullet..... my one bad experience left a sour taste in my mouth.

I have use BT and AB for years and never had a problem unless it was me. Can't what I was shooting at or poorly place shot. Out to 500yds. 165grs in my 308 NM and 200grs in my 338WM. I have use the Hammer bullets yet but looking forward to use them. Barrel twist rate is what's not allowing me to use them. Had one rifle build and a second one being built that have the proper twist rate.

All I was trying to say was that the Accubond and the Accubond Long Range are really different. Different BC, different construction. One performs better beyond a certain range. I had a perfect record with bang flops since 1980 and it changed when I tried the Accubond. I hunt with a bunch of guys that swear by them, and have taken a lot of animals over the years. Not saying it isn't a good bullet..... my one bad experience left a sour taste in my mouth.
Oh I understand. I've only had 2 rifles out of several that will shoot the ABLR well. They are finicky but if you can get them to shoot based on my experience they perform well.

Go sign up for notifications on shooters pro shop for the factory seconds. I have stockpiled enough to burn the barrel out of my 7SS and buy them at half price. I can afford to practice with them that way year round. I also don't worry about using seconds for hunting. They are literally just the wrong shade of copper.
It took about two years, but when the 168 ABLR showed up, I bought a barrel life supply for my 284.

After realizing that Nosler sponsors a lot of people who are doing serious damage to public land hunting I have tried to distance myself from their products. That said I still shoot the ablr in one rifle and I am happy with it.

After realizing that Nosler sponsors a lot of people who are doing serious damage to public land hunting I have tried to distance myself from their products. That said I still shoot the ablr in one rifle and I am happy with it.
Care to share where you got this info from?

Care to share who Nosler sponsors that are doing serious damage to public land hunting? If they are, I want to know so I can complain to them and stop buying their products.

Yikes, bringing up an 8 year old thread. Those are not the Accubond LR bullets. Don't see the relevance...
I forgot but I still do have a box of of these I pulled after the tips started falling out. It's been several years ago. I did buy more after I found out it only pertained to a certain lot number. They wouldn't replace them because I didn't have the original box and lot number.