Next rifle build for whitetail & mulleys

We might not agree on the Creedmoor (since I'm a .260 AI fan), but we do agree on brand of bows. I shot Mathews bows for 8+ years (Q2, DLD, Reezen 7.0). I've owned many other brands of bows over the years, too. In 2010, I swapped to shooting Hoyts, and I can't see myself ever going back to Mathews. I sold my Ultra Elite rig I had for comps, but I still have my AlphaMax 35 BC edition. It shoots so good, and is so smooth and quiet that I can't ever see getting rid of it...Unless someone offered to trade me a Carbon Matrix for it... :cool:

We might not agree on the Creedmoor (since I'm a .260 AI fan), but we do agree on brand of bows. I shot Mathews bows for 8+ years (Q2, DLD, Reezen 7.0). I've owned many other brands of bows over the years, too. In 2010, I swapped to shooting Hoyts, and I can't see myself ever going back to Mathews. I sold my Ultra Elite rig I had for comps, but I still have my AlphaMax 35 BC edition. It shoots so good, and is so smooth and quiet that I can't ever see getting rid of it...Unless someone offered to trade me a Carbon Matrix for it... :cool:

Id kill for a carbon matrix..... Ive only ever shot hoyts. They just feel the best to me. My bro just bought a hoyt nitrum turbo 34 and talk about a sweetheart of a bow! Im still shooting my turbo hawk though... having a hard time putting it down. Many deer have fallen to it paired up with Rage broadheads and Gold Tip pro hunters. Maybe its time to keep up with big brother and upgrade :D

Did the op say less than 100 yards??

I recommend Mathews.

100 yards or so whitetail
Mule deer probably around the same maybe alittle more

When I am at the range with my friends shooting I would look pretty cute shooting my bow with bunch of guys shooting rifles
Every 5 mintes putting the light so i can go fetch my arrows..

It would take some work, but a mini Mauser chambered in 7.62x39 could be rebarreled to 6.5 Grendel. I built my wife a 20" TC encore in 6.5 Grendel and it is a blast to shoot!!!!! Very light, very accurate, and no recoil at all. With factory 123 sst's it carries over 800ftlbs of energy out to 400 yards so 100-200 yards shots would be a breeze!!!

100 yards or so whitetail
Mule deer probably around the same maybe alittle more

When I am at the range with my friends shooting I would look pretty cute shooting my bow with bunch of guys shooting rifles
Every 5 mintes putting the light so i can go fetch my arrows..

For you awesome bowhunters, try that in MT ... :cool:

Attachments

• windsock.jpg
    windsock.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 86
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.