Next rifle build

Help me pick a parts list for my next build. I've already got my mind made up on a couple of things. 308 win with a 20" barrel. After that I'm all ears. Budget is $2800 in parts. Not interested in factory rifles
OMR CF barrel remage prefit, McMillan ultra-lite Game Warden, and TL3 action. Or if you got a lathe get a Criterion or Lilja and do a sporter and blue it. MidwayUSA has or recently had 700 SA in stock, blued. McMillan ultra-lite Game Scout in McWoody. I have a ultra-lite Game Scout with a 243 factory barreled action in it and with scope it weighs 7.5 lbs unloaded. It handles good. Thats my favorite stock. Only being 20" you could maybe do a Lilja #4. Their site has a weight guesstimater. I would put the newer Razor HD LHT in ffp on it or and am not a sfp guy the older Razor HD LHT 3x15x42. I have that. Or a Mark 5 HD. 0 moa base and Warne med permanent rings. My next is 33 Nosler, TL3 OMR cf 22" ramage in a Game Warden, the Warden is a Scout with a wider barrel channel. I recommend OMR CF barrels, my 1st a 8T 7 rem mag shoots sub half consistently with 180 gr vld-h, and sub 1 moa at 1000, mostly. Am happy with it.
Help me pick a parts list for my next build. I've already got my mind made up on a couple of things. 308 win with a 20" barrel. After that I'm all ears. Budget is $2800 in parts. Not interested in factory rifles

Hmmmm! Many of the best rifles I've ever shot were Rem 700s! I'd suggest a Rem 700 LA, to accommodate long bullets! Accurized bolt, Sendero-style barrel, 20 degree picatinny rail, Warne rings/bases, lapped, nice trigger, light weight bipod, big butt pad, nice sling, and a great scope! This should be well under $2500. Fine tune your ammo and you're good to well past 1000 yds! There's a very good reason why Army and Marine snipers have used this very same rifle for the past 55 years!!!

can I ask why someone would spend that amount of money and cripple the value of the rifle&performance by putting a SHORT barrel on the gun!! 2-4inches more(22-24") would only add a feww onces. just crazy in my in world of thinking! buy a S.W.A.T gun! Dskiper

can I ask why someone would spend that amount of money and cripple the value of the rifle&performance by putting a SHORT barrel on the gun!! 2-4inches more(22-24") would only add a feww onces. just crazy in my in world of thinking! buy a S.W.A.T gun! Dskiper
Every tool has a purpose. Remington Police LTR had a 18" barrel. YMMV.

I don't think a short barrel changes the value of a rifle and it's not about the weight, it's about using a suppressor. Add a suppressor to a 24" barrel and you've got a telephone pole attached to a stock. The difference in 4-6" is going to drop the velocity about 150 FPS tops, that means I'll lose about 100 yards of effective range. I'm good with that for a more handy rifle. Everyone's got their own taste

Update: American Rifle company had a sell yesterday & PBB had 10% off

Archimedes action: $825
Preferred Carbon Prefit: $750
Timney two stage flat: $175
Manners EH1: $750
Hawkins M5 DBM: $175

Total: $2675

Everything has been ordered, none of my prices include tax or shipping. I thought some of these were great deals and I finished under my budget and shouldn't have to pay a smith to put it all together. I'll post some pictures when everything comes in