Next rifle build

Bighorn action, or rem 700 (save a little)
Proof Sendero CF barrel threaded for suppressor or break,
trigger tech trigger,
element magnesium chassis with carbon fiber or folding but-stock.
AICS mag.

Bighorn action, or rem 700 (save a little)
Proof Sendero CF barrel threaded for suppressor or break,
trigger tech trigger,
element magnesium chassis with carbon fiber or folding but-stock.
AICS mag.
I like it, I'm not a big chassis guy, my buddy has an element and it's very nice

For that budget , take a good look at Tikka, then put on a proof, Bartlien barrel, find a stock you like and you're off to the races. With the savings get good rings and splurge on glass. Never skimp on glass.
I've already got the glass & rings. I've been preaching on here about the Trijicon Accupoint I'm obsessed with that scope. I do like your idea of going with a Tikka. I've also been looking at the Mack bros evo as

I've already got the glass & rings. I've been preaching on here about the Trijicon Accupoint I'm obsessed with that scope. I do like your idea of going with a Tikka. I've also been looking at the Mack bros evo as
Good to hear. I like Trijicon, not their scopes though.. more of a ZCO, NF and Tanget Theta guy. But they make nice stuff.

308? $2800 in parts? I'm probably a touch over.

Most of these were bought on sale:

Ruckus nitrided $1200
20" bartlein CFW barrel $700
manners eh2. $625
TT special $150
APA RTG DBM $225

smithed by @Shooter71

3473FD30-B539-4CB8-9C3D-8CD116F7A886.jpeg
F68DAC86-9992-46B4-8862-5D203BB0B4EE.jpeg

I just have to ask:

And don't misunderstand me, I own a few .308 rifles, but why go through all of that, spend that kind of cash, and chamber it in the 53rd best cartridge option out there?

Grayboe Renegade adjustable with Grayboe DBM + Mag. 882.00
Kelby Atlas Tactical 975.00
Trigger Tech Primary 190.00
Preferred Barrel Pre-fit Taperless, cerakote, 5/8x24 muzzle thread, 775.00
$2822.00

Last edited:
I just have to ask:

And don't misunderstand me, I own a few .308 rifles, but why go through all of that, spend that kind of cash, and chamber it in the 53rd best cartridge option out there?
Well that's kind of a loaded question. I already have a couple of bigger rifles. 7ss & a 300 rum. So I've got my bases covered there. 308 is cheaper to shoot, accurate and a great round for whitetail in Texas where I do most of my hunting. I like custom rifles, it's a sickness. 53rd best round is a bit of a stretch though. I honestly don't think you can rank cartridges

I put together a 308 with 20 inch barrel this summer for hunting. Used a 20 inch bartlein 2b, bighorn origin, grayboe stock Hawkins metal Talley rings and trigger tech trigger. Really like the lighter weight and it shoots the Barnes 130 ttsx really well. Tagged a buck in Wyoming opening week hoping to get on here in pa this weekend.

Attachments

• CFC26909-E8F7-40F5-BC00-FA79DBEE6B1B.jpeg
    CFC26909-E8F7-40F5-BC00-FA79DBEE6B1B.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 127