Need to Crimp with another die

motrapper

I just picked up a 300 WM Ultra Micrometer seater die FOSTER and it says it does not crimp do i need a crimp die????
Maybe a lee crimp die??

Could I use an old RCBS seating die and Just remove the seating stem. But how would I know how much I am crimping it?
Just trying to figure this out.
My setup would be Foster Full length resizer then the Foster Ultra Micrometer Seater then last the old RCBS seating die to crimp
My loads will be with Nosler 200 and 210 AB's and 200 212 eldx these will be used for Hunting and long range shooting to 1200 yds
I just got a New 300 wm Ruger precision rifle. with a 5HD 5x25 56mm TMR Illuminated

Last edited:
Could I use an old RCBS seating die and Just remove the seating stem. But how would I know how much I am crimping it?
Just trying to figure this out.
My setup would be Foster Full length resizer then the Foster Ultra Micrometer Seater then last the old RCBS seating die to crimp
My loads will be with Nosler 200 and 210 AB's and 200 212 eldx these will be used for Hunting and long range shooting to 1200 yds
I just got a New 300 wm Ruger precision rifle. with a 5HD 5x25 56mm TMR Illuminated
As previously noted, does your load need crimping? Or do you just want to crimp it? I have three .300 WM, and "I" do not crimp any of them.

The Lee FCD is reasonably priced >>> https://leeprecision.com/factory-crimp-die-300-wm.html

Ok I guess I was over Thinking it. I had just never seen a die maker explicitly state No Crimping
another question Peterson has Long 300 WM brass is it treated any different in the loading process?
I seen it stated it is better than Norma Brass
I can get 100 Norma for 124.00 or 50 Peterson LONG to shoulder for 80.00 or am I adding more to the equation than I need to?

As previously noted, does your load need crimping? Or do you just want to crimp it? I have three .300 WM, and "I" do not crimp any of them.

The Lee FCD is reasonably priced >>> https://leeprecision.com/factory-crimp-die-300-wm.html

Yes I like them alot for all my straight wall cases both rifle and pistol with cast bullets.
For some reason when I saw Foster state No crimping I thought I needed to find a way to do it. LOL

Yes I like them alot for all my straight wall cases both rifle and pistol with cast bullets.
For some reason when I saw Foster state No crimping I thought I needed to find a way to do it. LOL
Foster has excellent products. However, IIWY, I would not complicate it unnecessarily. Do your load development and go from there. Good luck!

Thank You
What is IIWY
Any thoughts on the Norma VS Peterson Long brass
Or once again don't complicate it and just go with the Norma for Now.

Thank You
What is IIWY
Any thoughts on the Norma VS Peterson Long brass
Or once again don't complicate it and just go with the Norma for Now.
If I Were You. I have .257 WBTY by Norma and .280 Rem by Peterson; I have no issues/complaints.

Honestly, "I" do not think you can go wrong with either one. There are members here that would prefer one over the other. I have seen claims that Peterson is close to Lapua brass quality.

For bullet hold, adjust your neck tension, if needed. Probably not needed. Forster sells different expander balls to change this.

I just picked up a 300 WM Ultra Micrometer seater die FOSTER and it says it does not crimp do i need a crimp die????
Maybe a lee crimp die??
Lee 300WM Factory Crimp Die in stock at Midway or I have one in stock here, I crimp everything and have a video on how to set the die up if your interested