National Graphics special on wolves played several nights ago

Native Americans managed their herds for a thousand years.
White men are bad because we shot some buffalo, but the Native Americans drove herds off of cliffs.

That must be one of the most misrepresented and ignorant statements I've ever read on this site.

Indians never took count of how many animals were in an ecosystem, nor how the environment would be affected should an animal go missing. What the Indians did was operate in a sustainable fashion at much lower populations of people and development than there is today.

Stop pretending that tribes of the plains were excellent stewards of the land, and that their societies and practices are analogous to those of today.

To infer that the issue we face today is a consequence or can be related to a particular practice of a race/society of the past is foolish.

So I can get a list of special draw hunters from fwp so I can solicit them for custom ammo for their once in a lifetime hunt? Did you have to pay for the list?

Ya, I know we paid for it but I can't remember the number, it was well worth it though, I'd cut 6-800 elk in January.

As I've stated in other wolf threads, unless we all ban together and get political, pretty soon only the wealthy will hunt.
It's sad that some Jackwagon from another state can stop a timber or mining sale, sway fish and game rights in another state, or be a part of some animal rights group and buy tags up that never get used.
One day a parent and their child will be walking someplace, and the dad will try to tell the kid about hunting season and eating wild meat .... it will be a very Agnostic experience for that kid.

Native Americans managed their herds for a thousand years.
White men are bad because we shot some buffalo, but the Native Americans drove herds off of cliffs.
Please, can we keep this post on the wolves and not on an intentional genocide by the same United States Government that exterminated a food source for native people as to keep them dependent on the government rather than the abundance of natural resources. I believe there is ALWAYS an unseen agenda directing there actions, and again we are supposed to trust there actions concerning the management of this country's Elk herds and the management of the wolf re introduction?...

Please, can we keep this post on the wolves and not on an intentional genocide by the same United States Government that exterminated a food source for native people as to keep them dependent on the government rather than the abundance of natural resources. I believe there is ALWAYS an unseen agenda directing there actions, and again we are supposed to trust there actions concerning the management of this country's Elk herds and the management of the wolf re introduction?...
That must be one of the most misrepresented and ignorant statements I've ever read on this site.

Indians never took count of how many animals were in an ecosystem, nor how the environment would be affected should an animal go missing. What the Indians did was operate in a sustainable fashion at much lower populations of people and development than there is today.

Stop pretending that tribes of the plains were excellent stewards of the land, and that their societies and practices are analogous to those of today.

To infer that the issue we face today is a consequence or can be related to a particular practice of a race/society of the past is foolish.
I'am not pretending about enything, in New Mexico they raised goats and sheep.
They also migrated with the elk/food, the reason why they did not populate like the white men is because they were always killing themselves. And yes we kill ourselves to before you have take this out of context.

It is thought that the buffalo were killed by a large disease that came through and killed almost all of them. Look it up.
Many things contributed to the near extinction of the American Bison, however Ulysses S. Grant saw the destruction of buffalo as "a solution to the country's Indian problem". "Every Buffalo killed is another Indian gone". A way to starve Native Americans into submission...J Weston Pippen May 13 2016 In the 16th century North America contained over 25-30 million Buffalo and by the 1880's less than 100 inhabited the northern plains primarily from overhunting and an intentional plan to eradicate the Indians main food source. (Wikipedia). This IS ANOTHER THREAD IN ITSELF, The wolf was eradicated by poisoning and trapping with a bounty on its ear, directly influenced by the great wolf wars of Europe after the sight of wolves feeding on human bodies brought to the hillside, out of villages during the black plague in Europe. Please look it up.

I read the whole thing then at the bottom of the page was something about Marijuana stocks(shares) being $3.00ish a share.
If we all got together and bought shares we could use the future Fortune 500 monies to conservatively manage the wolf. And we could target the carbon neutral state of Colorado as its got the biggest population of yuppie animal s@vers in the entire world, well.....maybe excluding Hampsterdamn.:cool:
:rolleyes: To take all their money and use it for the Sportpersons benefit....
I know, I know,,,,, it's a pipe dream. Hahaha

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.