Are wolves really the problem

dook, I bet you are closer to the truth than many realize. A lot of the people supporting the wolves are against hunting. If and when the wolves become to prolific surely they would want hunting of game stopped before reduction of predator.

dook, I bet you are closer to the truth than many realize. A lot of the people supporting the wolves are against hunting. If and when the wolves become to prolific surely they would want hunting of game stopped before reduction of predator.

I agree that a lot who are pro-wolf are also anti-hunt but I don't think stopping hunting is one of their primary goals with wolves. They simply love wolves for some twisted reason. I've been around them. In fact, I have a couple of female friends who are both pro_wolf and pro-hunting. That said, I'm sure curbing or eliminating hunting would be a secondary goal or "benefit" of the pro-wolf anti-hunters.

If pro-wolf = anti hunting, then anti-hunting = anti gun. I think the progression is the reverse of that.

Sure only half of gun owners hunt, but if half of gun owners quit hunting, then a sizable percentage of gun owners lose interest. Considering how the anti-gun movement has been effective in slow increments over the last few decades, the kind of pro-predator propaganda teevee has been pushing is another increment.

Sorry for the thread derail.

I have a little story of a love hate relationship. I used to hunt on some private land here in kalifornia, it was a very large ranch with many thousands of acres. Eventually the land ended up being owned/bought by a nature conservancy type group. They sure loved the money we paid for the hunting privileges, but hated us for being able to hunt on it and they had no problem telling or showing us that. They used to block roads with trees, rocks, etc. Funny thing is they could not "afford" to keep the ranch without our money.
I think many DF&G's and so called "X" (insert name) foundations are very similar. They start out with good intentions for the hunter, then become infiltrated with those that have different views and the next thing you know they are not truly supporting that which they started. I could give examples of ducks unlimited and what they have done locally too.

Just wanted to ask for everyones support and ask you go to Eva Shockey's fan page and jump onto the picture of the shockeys with the wolf they shot and join into the commets with support for killing the wolf.
thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.