National Graphics special on wolves played several nights ago

What they did not tell people is when they were first turned loose in the park is they killed 12 bighorn sheep and never ate any of them,it was like a sport kill.

You clearly did not read my post. Specifically the last sentence. I have heard of people posting wolf hunting info on this very forum and then getting harassed and their families lives threatened thru mail and email. Just saying.
I have also heard of people killing wolves and getting harassed and family threats that freak out spouses, which is real bad.
You have killed one wolf and did not get harassed, that is great and how it should be. Stack a few up and see what happens.
The mfwp will share your personal info, which is a Fact.
The mfwp will manage wildlife based on emotion and animal right groups influence. Which is a fact.
I also do believe that wolves can reside in Yellowstone Park, decimate the elk herds, and we will all still survive, but massive successful hunting opportunities are not existent. Which is a fact.

In my opinion wolves on elk winter range where the herd is declining, need to be hunted and trapped hard if we plan to maintain herds of elk to hunt. As in kill them all and leave a few in Yellowstone for the bunny huggers to watch and the bird watcher to go to the Lamar river and watch the birds in the non existent recovering willows.
Did this happen to you? The MTFWP shares our info with outside groups? Is this a policy of the FWP? If you have some kind of proof, please post it.

I'm sorry but I don't understand most of what you have said. I should stay out of these discussions.

The organization I believe you are referring too in your original post and the title is National Geographic, and yes, they used to be great, but since about 1980, they have become a mouthpiece for the tree-huggers and bunny humpers.

I am an avid long range shooter, not an elk hunter, I do however hunt grouse in Michigan's Upper peninsula over a brace of fine and expensive English Setters. I share my coverts with the recently re introduced wolves. This is an act that has started much controversy to a lot of Michiganders above and below the bridge. Deep snow and preditation eliminated our Bow deer hunting in (I believe) 2017. I was confronted by another upland hunter two years ago who asked if I had seen his dog after it chased mine up in a field earlier that day. I had not hunted that field, as we have spotted wolves in the far rear section and shared that knowledge with him. My son and I witnessed this gentleman search by foot, and truck the area for three days be
fore he finally committed to retuning home to share with his family that there dog was not coming home from this trip. I guess we all have to put our shoe on the other foot to understand the effects of wolves in country we don't actually live in. Our upper peninsula brothers and sisters have a different outlook on wolves than I do and rightfully so, after numerous stories of death, (dogs, livestock,etc.) and confrontation. I continue to hunt my coverts with full knowledge that my sport has changed with dwindling resources' and preditation. Wolves and coyotes hunt until prey animal numbers are reduced to an amount that will support predator numbers. mans interference is a futile attempt with out species elimination. I think we do not have enough proper wildlife management but rather interference.

Did this happen to you? The MTFWP shares our info with outside groups? Is this a policy of the FWP? If you have some kind of proof, please post it.

I'm sorry but I don't understand most of what you have said. I should stay out of these discussions.

Absalutely they share the info, when I was running a meat processing plant I got the list of every hunter who had a late cow tag and sent them a sale flyer.

You can live in a bubble and not listen to others opinions and facts all you wish. You do know why this was on TV correct??
You are saying that groups will not harass you? This is a nationally aired 60 minutes program provoked from the legal "harvest" of a wolf a friend killed!
The Fwp for sure shares your info about wolf killing, and the location.
Have you heard about Wolves and Warriors?
Maybe this big time activist Ron Coranado and his group of goons?
This is not a b s matter!
You can paint these disease ridden wolves how you wish. Shoot the wrong one and you are screwed! Post it on here of all places and people will be threatening to kill your kids, this I know.
My argument is only that you can have whatever feelings you want about how great or horrible wolves are but when you kill a wolf your info is there for who ever wants it. I do not have to prove squat! I know! It is public info you now know that. And thru this forum hopefully others know this.

You can live in a bubble and not listen to others opinions and facts all you wish. You do know why this was on TV correct??
You are saying that groups will not harass you? This is a nationally aired 60 minutes program provoked from the legal "harvest" of a wolf a friend killed!
The Fwp for sure shares your info about wolf killing, and the location.
Have you heard about Wolves and Warriors?
Maybe this big time activist Ron Coranado and his group of goons?
This is not a b s matter!
You can paint these disease ridden wolves how you wish. Shoot the wrong one and you are screwed! Post it on here of all places and people will be threatening to kill your kids, this I know.
My argument is only that you can have whatever feelings you want about how great or horrible wolves are but when you kill a wolf your info is there for who ever wants it. I do not have to prove squat! I know! It is public info you now know that. And thru this forum hopefully others know this.
Whoa there. I did not paint wolves in any form of love or hate. All I have done is question whether or not hunters that have taken wolves have their info given to anti hunting groups by the FWP. I guess the only other thing I have not done is call out for the extermination of wolves. All I can do is say what I do know. I have shot one and was very public about it. I did check it in with the FWP. I will shoot them whenever I can legally. I know others that have shot them and as far as I know they have not been attacked for doing so.

I will also say that in my opinion the cry from sportsmen to "Kill them all" does not advance our cause at all. It just does not make us look good in any way.

I agree that the "kill them all" has no place on a public forum.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but what we need to keep in mind is that every extremist post will, in all likelihood, be bent and twisted then shared by any wolf lover out there in their donation requests.
To have your opinions and share them with your buddies in private is one thing, but putting it on the internet is not doing our cause any help.
Just my $.02 worth...

Whoa there. I did not paint wolves in any form of love or hate. All I have done is question whether or not hunters that have taken wolves have their info given to anti hunting groups by the FWP. I guess the only other thing I have not done is call out for the extermination of wolves. All I can do is say what I do know. I have shot one and was very public about it. I did check it in with the FWP. I will shoot them whenever I can legally. I know others that have shot them and as far as I know they have not been attacked for doing so.

I will also say that in my opinion the cry from sportsmen to "Kill them all" does not advance our cause at all. It just does not make us look good in any way.

This thread is about the 60 minutes program you know that right?
How did you feel about the program? What is the cow calf ratio around Yellowstone Park? I will answer, it is not nearly herd sustainable numbers!

Ever heard of the Gardiner late hunt? How did that work out for us?
You are worried how we look to animal right groups? Really? You have to protect what we have!
Factually speaking, to keep a huntable elk heard the wolves of this 60 minute program can not live with the wintering remainder of the northern Yellowstone elk herd outside of the park and maintain huntable elk numbers. Fact!

If you kill a wolf and tag it in Montana, the Montana Fish And Game provides your name to wolf lovers to harass us and make threats on our families and livelihood.
I'm not familiar with what Montana Fish And Game does with information but I do know there are "Freedom of Information laws" and "Federal Open-Records Laws" -- which might be interrupted this way. If this is why "bunny huggers" are getting the names, it's because they're asking for them under these types of laws. We can thank those of us who worship "transparency" above all else!
Not long ago the USDA decided to withhold animal welfare records from the public and PETA sued to get access to those records – which would provide names and addresses of its enforcement records.
I'm not privy to why the USDA began to withhold its animal welfare records but my money is on the Trump Administration's knowledge of the harassment received by the people in those records -- at the hands of the animal rights (AR's) extremists! We can probably thank Donald Trump Jr and Eric Trump – who are enthusiastic big game hunters.
As a bit of side knowledge – even though this doesn't compute – Lara Trump (Eric's wife) has aligned herself with some extremist AR groups – although to the best of my knowledge she hasn't appeared to align with anti-hunting groups! I would assume this would make for a strained relationship!
As far as killing wolves -- in SE Oregon they're still protected under the Endangered Species Act and can't be legally killed. They're devastating the wildlife as well as killing ranchers livestock. Anyone caught killing a wolf will not only be harassed but they'll be dragged through the courts and lose everything they hold dear as well as face jail time.
Again – we can thank those of us who worship "transparency" above all else!

I'm not familiar with what Montana Fish And Game does with information but I do know there are "Freedom of Information laws" and "Federal Open-Records Laws" -- which might be interrupted this way. If this is why "bunny huggers" are getting the names, it's because they're asking for them under these types of laws. We can thank those of us who worship "transparency" above all else!

That's plausible AND scary.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.