wolves and elk

The only good wolf is a dead wolf
I was going to say something sarcastic, but I see you're from Peace country. Carry on!
Game management by the three "S's".
Used to mean something quite different. Seems like in this case it's;

Shoot with a camera
Share on the internet
Savour the feedback

Happy to say, my eldest son saved a bunch of elk this year.
IMG_6431 (2).jpg

The wolf problem in N.M. is out of control. The elk herd is crashing and ranchers are losing cows , calves and one rancher lost a full grown angus bull . He was run to death by a pack! Areas that once had large herds of elk that we would go out to watch now have very few elk. Wolf tracks are everywhere and we have no way to control them. Once again the government stands in our way so we watch wolves destroy are elk. I guess it could be worse. I could be a coffee shop owner locked out and told I can not work to support my family!

I was checking on tags for 2021 with Wyoming game and parks and ran across a piece by a state biologist that said in the winter time 1 wolf will eat 1.8 elk per month. Man o chavez that would start to add up to big numbers after a while

I was checking on tags for 2021 with Wyoming game and parks and ran across a piece by a state biologist that said in the winter time 1 wolf will eat 1.8 elk per month. Man o chavez that would start to add up to big numbers after a while
now just think what a 20-30 wolf pack can eat 1 moose every 3 days,I have seen what happens when they hit the cow caribous during calving, I counted 14 dead cow with there calves ripped out and only a small bit eaten out of each one. it looked like a kill frenzy

The reintroduction of wolves into Idaho has been a sickening disaster. Protecting the rapid growing wolf population has really hurt ranchers and hunters, but has pleased the liberals and out-of-sight easterners.
not all easterners are pleased. the wackjobs just get all the microphone time from our propaganda media. In fact, I think blue state refugees to red states need to maintain a residence for at least 10 years before being allowed to vote.

We've been hunting the Thorofare for the last few years and I believe there's a hell of a lot more wolves and grizzlies than we have been led to believe. Last September there were 8 different grizzlies in one drainage. 11 different grizzlies last year in the pass creek area alone. Didn't always see wolves but heard them nightly.

I think these kills are more common than one thinks. That's big country and you don't just go out your back door and your 30 miles in the back country.

Attachments

• 8E447924-4C9D-41D6-8F7F-C4AD316DD142.jpeg
    8E447924-4C9D-41D6-8F7F-C4AD316DD142.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 126
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.