More Success!

COBrad

After the last long shot at 1332 yards two weeks ago, I finally got back to my long range marmot spot. I took a few shots at an even 1100 yards, shooting up the valley this time instead of down. I was about 11500' shooting up to somewhere around 12000-maybe 12200'. The air currents work my bullets different shooting that direction, and I was missing about a half minute, enough the marmot quickly decided to hit the road. I packed my gear and hiked up to the head of the valley to shoot across at the rock outcrops I usually shoot.
Got set up and one climbed out on top of a rock right on cue. He ranged at 1402, but my BR2 rangefinder only gives solutions out to 1400. I ranged just below him at 1399, adjusted elevation and 1 click for wind, then made a first shot cold barrel kill. I'm not sure how to calculate the amount of luck in that one.
I hit another later at 1306. It was a good morning.

If you look off my right elbow about a half inch in the pic, the tiny black spec is an old mining cabin. That's where I shot from.

Attachments

• 1402 yds. 8.25.13.jpg
    1402 yds. 8.25.13.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 21
Brad, you are having way too much fun. That is a poke.
What Schmidt and Bender do you have on that rig??

Randy

I have a 4-16x50 PMII with Holland's ART reticle.

I bagged work and went out to try for a mile today. The marmots never got up on the rocks where I could see them, then the breeze started up. I had done a little rock shooting while it was still calm, so I went by there on the way out. I believe the mile marmot is do-able, so that's the next goal.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.