March 2.5-25 scope reviews please

COBrad

I've used Nightforce for years and been very happy with them. Using nxs and atacr. I'm having a 7 lb 300 WSM built and contemplating a March 2.5-25 instead of the 3.5-15x50 nxs I have sitting on the bench. The 42mm would fit better on this old
Style- Manners UC Plus- stock but may go with the 52mm. Looks like about a half pound lighter, big plus, but how are the turrets and glass, will they measure up to the nxs?

I have hunted with March scopes all over for years and I think they're the best thing going for a lightweight hunting rig. I haven't owned an NXS or ATACR in a while but "for my eyes" the March is superior in glass quality. I also use Kahles and ZCO and I think the March is just beneath those.

I have also hunted with the 42 and 52mm and I highly suggest the 52mm. The eye box is really tight on the 42 and in hunting situations the 52 seems more forgiving.

For what it's worth I have that's been to Alaska twice, Russia twice and Turkey and I have not touched my zero.

The turrets are also nice. Very tactile and precise, again, my opinion.

I've recently switched the majority of my scopes over to March. There is not a lot of comparison as far as clarity to NF, March is in another class in my opinion. So far they track every bit as well as any NF I've ever owned and durability has been fantastic. I hunted The Yukon, Alaska, and British Columbia this year all backpack hunts and my rifles took a beating. Never lost or shifted zero. I'm all in on March for sure.

I don't own a compact but I do own an F 3-24x52 and an FX 4.5-28x52. I have over 1500 rounds with the F shooting 28 Nosler and 300 PRC. It has never given me any issues. I have just over 500 rounds of 28 Nosler with the FX and have not had any problems. I have owned several ATACRs and an NX8. Glass quality is definitely better on the March scopes. The turrets are mor tactile and low profile on the March. IMO the March wins on everything over the NF until when and if the March fails. The new FX has the locking turrets which is what I will be buying next. I don't like having the windage capped.

I have 3 of the 2.5-25x52 with mtr-4 reticle.

They've been perfect.

I rarely use higher than 17 or so power as it starts getting less clear and eyebox gets tight.

Parallax is touchy but it in the field i set it at around 200 yards and i didn't touch it for ten days and 14 animals in Africa from 15 to 450 yards.

Eyebox is tight if you don't have good ergonomics with your rifle. I was able to get low hawkins rings to fit and it really lined it up much better and i get a clear picture as soon as i shoulder it.

I had an nx8 and the eyebox on that was worse i felt.

So overall only complaint is i don't use it over 17x power very often. But if i just accept it is a 2.5-17 power scope i have zero issues with it.

52mm is way way way better than the 42. I will not use the 42mm version

Got a 2.5-25x52 sitting in front of me right now, glass is much clearer and has better color pop than my nxs. Turrets are on a whole different level, very crisp. Only downside is the picky parallax but that's something you should be checking anyway so I say it's just a point to complain about but doesn't affect anything. I'll be selling my nxs soon to get a 4.5-28 on my Norma improved.

Ive shot a F1 3-24x52 for about ten years on a 7# 338NM.Im going to be odd one out glass is like my Mark 4, my mark 5 ,5-25 I can see barbs clear on fence at 400 + behind my house but not with March. I try and judge trophy across canyon and a pain with the parallax .My Mark 5 blows it away.The ergos on March are great, but I don't think the clicks are any better than my Leupold or nx8.The March is a great size for a pack rifle and that's why I have it, I have a nx8 x20 on a 6# PRC,and its a good fit, but reticle is small in ffp compared to March

I normally adjust elevation with the turret, and I shoot a lot. How are the turret's working for you guys?
Flawless! I've spun my turrets thousands of times and rechecked them on a tracking jig. They are the same as they were when new. Here's how they track compared to NF

Attachments

• IMG_0204.jpeg
    IMG_0204.jpeg
    77.4 KB · Views: 113
I have a lot of nightforce and the match 2.5-25 on my ultra lite 30 Sherman for your exact reasons. It's great. Glad is on pair with Atacr. Can get washed out a bit easier in direct light. Think looking up a mountain towards the sun at deer. But low light it fantastic. Parallax is indeed picky but it's not bad once you learn you have to turn it almost every change in distance. Turrets are great zero issues dialing back and forth to zero stop. I do one a lot. Turrets are not as crisp and snappy as nightforce but they are still top of the food chain and close in my book. You oh will not be disappointed if you get one

Turrets are not as crisp and snappy as nightforce
I have the opposite opinon of nightforce turrets which is one of the reasons I don't use them as much. Could be that you are using the match. I have never used that one before.

Following, I'm wanting one more scope and I want great glass and reliability.
It seems glass and clarity of Nightforce is maybe behind some of the others. From all I read.