March Compact 2.5-25 VS March F 3-24

The 42MM is the one I am considering.
My March 2.5-25x42mm with Di-Plex reticle (D25V42T) is mounted on a Sauer 202 in 25-06 and is used in very similar conditions to what you are suggesting. Our bush can be very thick and dark and yet I have shot several deer at ranges from 20m on out. I have also shot deer in more open river flat situations at ranges beyond 350m and in both conditions the March has been excellent.
20171118_110834.jpg

I have a 2.5-25x52 demo unit from March that I use on my 30 Nosler. At low light ad max power it is hard for me to differentiate the brightness between it my old NXS 5.5-22x56. The clicks are at par with each other. Love the zero stop simplicity of the March (old NXS does not have ZS)

View attachment 321114View attachment 321115
Nice wood , where or what did it come from?

Nice wood , where or what did it come from?

Have no idea, picked it up used from a member here. It was rough on the inside I spent a lot of time on the Bridgeport cleaning it. Beddding job by Tumbleweeds Custom Rifles, a 30 Nosler, 10T Bartlein CF
It looks like curly maple to me in that photo if that is what you are asking...

I have owned March 2.5x25x52 SFP for a few years and have been very pleased with the performance and reliability. Perhaps the most attractive aspect is that it's one of the few scopes I own that handles low sun glare very well. I frequently encounter this situation when hunting whitetails. Glass and tracking is comparable to my NF scopes. I have actually grown accustomed to fast ratio parallax knob and find it preferable to the slower ratio designs on my other scopes. When focused, it's parallax free, and very fast to operate with some practice. March does make an adapter(larger) ring that fits over the current knob if one prefers a slower ratio. Overall, I think
it's a lot of scope in a compact, light-weight package that is at home, whether in tight cover, or open country, long range work.
It gets the job done
984C5376-9659-4146-87CF-564DCDA279A6.jpeg

Thanks for the advice. I bought one with the MTR-5 with just the .5 MOA dot illuminated. It might be strange going back to 2nd FP but I think it's the right move for what I want to do.

Recent Posts