New March 2.5-25x52

Any new experiences with the March scopes?
I ordered the 3-24x52 FFP illuminated FMA back in Dec. Took about 4 months, as it was special order. I put it on my 6.5 Sherman, it passed tall target and box test with flying colors. Love the glass and light weight. So far, it's just been used on paper & steel, but plan on using it on some late arriving hogs, to get a feel for the illumination. It's a little touchy on parallax adjustment at 100-200, but is spot on at longer distances. Great customer service at bullets.com.

The march scopes are badass for sure. I had a 3-24x52 ffp briefly. The thing I couldn't deal with was how finicky the parallax was. Not worth dealing with on a hunting scope for me. Maybe the SFP models are a little better in this regard? I lost about $900 selling it a few months after I bought it and found a $1100 Bushnell LRHS to be a more fitting option for hunting.

I see a 6-24x50 Nikon scope coming my way for my new long range F Class rifle for 2018.

I have quick change 20 MOA rails on both of my long range rifles, so I can switch optics in less than a minute.

My first rifle has 2 scopes too call home too.
A 6-24x50 Sightron for F Class,,, and in game harvest mode I threw on the Nikon 3-12x44 Monarch III BDC retrical scope for quick distance stuff.
Zero @ 200m as the 4 rings and post point allows me shoots on out too 500m.

$550 Cnd funds / $340 ish in USD.
Life time no fault warranty and one of the crisppest and clear scopes I've looked threw todate at that price point.
Nikon glass is top notch in the camera world, and I can say the same for there optics.

Yes that its not like the $4000 optics, but I for one like many other folks aren't willing to too spend that kind of funds.
Even a $ Gee note is alot of coin my friends.
If the Nikon scope craps the bed if my pony steps on it, no worries as I send it in with packed down pony foot print as they replace it for free.

If not, no big deal as I can always buy another. We have a Nikon repair shop down the road if something goes wonky,,, chances of that happening is next too nill since I've put mine threw the grinding mill of life this year of full abuse.

Dam thing is one tuff cookie as it will see 4@!! this fall getting drug threw rocks, mud and trees on a frozen land scape.

Don from Western Canada

PS: I use the parallax as a range finder on mine as I dial it up too a clear view, quick look at the meters of distance, back on optic too range and shoot,,, quick simple and fast.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.