New March 2.5-25x52

And don't forget the March also has 100 MOA travel and 25 MOA per revolution, while Swaro has a limited travel. Better turrets too.

The 42 mm March has 100 minutes of a vertical and the new 52 mm March has 120 minutes of vertical. My Z5 tracks well but I do not like the feel of the turret as well as the March or the Nightforce.

How do you like the MTR4 reticle vs the duplex...I am considering both.

Are the vertical hash marks 1 or 2 MOA at 20x? This site (the Aussie disti for March) says that the MTR3 and 4 both have 20 MOA of vertical hash below the center, but I swear the MTR3 has twice as much as the MTR4 based on the pictures that shows the measurements.

March rifle scope Reticles

Have you compared the light gathering of the 42 vs 52? For a hunting scope would you recommend the 52 by a wide margin, small margin, or put them equal?

52's are sold out except for MTR reticles though I can get a 42 with duplex in the hunter model with no wait...trying to decide what to do.

Oregonian,

The MTR 4 reticle has ten vertical marks below the center dot. They are 1 MOA at 20 power, 2 moa at 10 power. Overall I like the reticle very much, that is why I got second scope with the same reticle. I got this reticle for hunting applications and did not want it to be too fine. It works good for hunting and lately I have been happy using it in tactical competitions at ranges of 500 yards and under. The 52 mm should be better in low light but I don't yet know how much better. I'm still waiting to get my rifle back from the smith to do some low light side by side comparisons. I believe that the duplex reticles are not glass etched which accounts for some of the lower price for the duplex.

Ordered a 52mm tactical with the Duplex reticle...unfortunately it will be three months...but can't wait for the scope.

Edit --- Just got an email from Hobie and he said there is one coming in the next shipment that is not spoken for, so I get mine in about two weeks.:D:D:D

Last edited:
Oregonian,

I hope that you will like the new March, especially if my thoughts played any part in your decision. I anxious to get mine back. Let me know what you think when the scope comes in.

Oregonian and Scf,

What were your final thoughts on this.... I'm trying to decide between the NXS 5.5-22x50 and both March's 2.5-25x42 and 52. I will be varmint hunting, deer, and antelope with my 6.5-284. What are your opinions??

I am still very pleased with the March scopes and their customer service. I have a NXS 5.5-22x56 and to me it does not compare to the March. The Nightforce is a very good scope but it does not have the 10:1 zoom ratio and it is much heavier. If I did not plan on carrying the rifle much and did not want to pay the price difference I might choose the NXS, otherwise I would get the March. I do not believe you can find a scope with all of the March features anywhere at any price.

It tracks flawlessly and to me this is the most important feature of a long range scope if you dial for drop. I tested it on a surveyor's rod with the rifle securely strapped to a concrete bench. Ran it to 5 moa, back to 0, repeating all to the way up to 50 moa in 5 moa increments. Average error was 0.1 percent and in reality there may not have been any error due to the difficulty reading 0.01 ft lines on the rod. I have shot it out to 1143 yards on my 338 Lapua and always spot on once I got my drop established. Apparently there were some issues with early first focal plane models in mils. March used a different mil value but that has since been changed.

Hi guys,

I'm also interested in new 2,5-25x52 for my hunting rig in 7mm RM. I saw there is new reticle MTR-5, looks interesting for me because there is only red dot. I don't like illumination of whole reticle.
Is here anyone using the new MTR-5 reticle?

One more the question for the owners: I was told that there were some problems with the eye box by 42mm version. Can you tell me something about it or it was just information like "hearsay"? No such problem on the 52mm version?

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.