March Compact 2.5-25 VS March F 3-24

Troutslayer2

Does anyone have experience with both of these? I'm mostly wondering about the light gathering abilities of the 2.5-25, the parallax, or anything about it that separates it from the 3-24, other than the fact that they are different focal planes. I am wanting something for a mixed use weapon that can do everything in dark timber on up to some pretty long range. I already have the March F in 3-24, and I like it enough to add another one to the collection. Haven't had a chance to look through these new ones. They talk a big game on their improvements with the Compact. I hadn't really considered a 2nd FP for a while but finding myself doing a lot more creeping through the timber this season made me think it's not such a bad idea.

Are you talking about the 42 or 52mm ?
The 42mm gets much darker than the 52mm when you crank up the zoom at dusk. Anything past ~18x and it's hard to see the reticle depending on the background.

I have a 2.5-25x52 demo unit from March that I use on my 30 Nosler. At low light ad max power it is hard for me to differentiate the brightness between it my old NXS 5.5-22x56. The clicks are at par with each other. Love the zero stop simplicity of the March (old NXS does not have ZS)

20211018_163335.jpg
20211018_163349.jpg

Are you talking about the 42 or 52mm ?
The 42mm gets much darker than the 52mm when you crank up the zoom at dusk. Anything past ~18x and it's hard to see the reticle depending on the background.
The 42MM is the one I am considering.

I have the F1 3-24x52 about 6-7 years old.Is your picky on parallax and focus,sharpnes past around 20x?Everything else I love.

.Is your picky on parallax and focus, sharpness past around 20x?Everything else I love.
Yes, the parallax is picky and this is a common complaint, it could use more travel, as is you barely turn it and you went too far, they should use a lower gear so to speak. The elevation dial has one row of numbers 1-25 MOA so if you dial 33 MOA you would be on 8 on your second turn on the dial. Easy math but not super intuitive like a 10 based dial on an ATACR or multiple rows on a Mark 5 but the March is super compact and low profile.

Last edited:
Does anybody have an OpticsPlanet 10% off coupon? I had one but I can't find It
They have a history of selling stuff they don't have in stock then sending an email 10 days later saying they don't have it in stock. The 3rd time they did that I quit using them, there was a thread on here about it.