Votes: 5 4.6%
  • Savage 110 ultralight

Votes: 13 12.0%
  • Christensen arms ridgeline

Votes: 13 12.0%
  • Seekins Havak

Votes: 37 34.3%

• Total voters
I have a .22LR Savage about 6 months old and it has about a 1000 rounds on it. The trigger is 1 1/4 lb and breaks well. I hope yours was an isolated issue😉.
I'd like to think so but I doubt it. Too many posts on issues with this trigger on this and other forums. But most don't seem to have a issue with them.

I also want to add that a rifle has to look good and feel good in my hands regardless of how good it shoots. Life is too short to shoot ugly *** guns. I do not care for "accu triggers" or the likes of them. Never made sense to me at all and in my humble opinion a marketing gimmick or something that could go wrong at the worst time. Again, just my 2 cents.....

You might take a look at the completed rifles from American rifle company. Looks like a pretty nice setup with a criterion barrel that from my experience is hard to beat. Little bit more money though.

I don't think you could go wrong with anything on your list. The Savage is probably the worst of the bunch and that's just because of the cheep plastic stocks they come with. That problem could be rectified though. Honestly if you're spending that much I'd go with something nicer/better, and I like savages. I have a few of them, they're great shooting rifles for the money but $1200 is more than I'd want to pay for one, I'm more on the level of getting one for $300-$400 and stripping it and making something a little nicer out of. I have a few Brownings too, granted they're A-Bolt IIs but they're fantastic rifles for the money, I did have an X-Bolt that I ended up getting rid of because I didn't really care for the plastic magazine. I have a couple buddies that have the CA Mesas and they're also nice rifles, good fit and finish, I just hate the radial brakes that they come with. I'm sure this next part will catch some flack, I don't really care for the look or feel of the Winchester actions, they just look and feel too clunky to me, so I've steered clear (same with the Ruger M77). I'd love to get my hands on a Seekins because I have no doubt they're amazing rifles, the looks and fit and finish are always very nice, some day. Tikka seems to make nice rifles, I've never owned one, but I have owned a Sako A7 and it was a very nice rifle, great fit and finish as well, a little more than the Tikkas were at the time, I wish I still had that rifle. On the list if I had to get just one, I'd be heading straight for the Seekins, there are so many great options out there now though.

I had a Sako 22-250 and it did not shoot all that well. Sold it and bought a Remington 700 varmint 22-250 which is a tack driver. I could buy two Remingtons for what I paid for the Sako.

Target is Remington, rifle is sako

i

Attachments

• Remingyon 700 22-250.JPG
    Remingyon 700 22-250.JPG
    606.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IM000345.JPG
    IM000345.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 48
I just have an aversion for certain items that have huge fan clubs. Is it logical? No. I just like to be a little different sometimes. I realize I could get a Tikka in 6.5 CM with a Vortex scope and put it in a Ford F-150 and probably be very happy with the performance. Oh well…to each their own.

I'm probably going to tick off some guys but I'll give you something to think on. From my experience more expensive rifles DO NOT mean you are getting better rifles.
In the past before I was able to buy nice toys I had a lot of cheaper rifles (Savage). Shot good outta the box and have lasted many years..... Still got em shoot em love em..... In the last 5 years or so I have been lucky enough to afford some nicer toys. I first bought a Benelli shotgun SBE3.... Had to send it back, factory flaw, but they did fix it. Next I bought a Weatherby Accumark, I have shot literally thousands of dollars of ammo through it to get it to anywhere near what factory says it will shoot. Next I bought a Christensen Arms Mesa...... Had to send it back, factory flaw, but they fixed it.
I am not picking on these manufactures, however I was very unhappy at the time, looking back I just wonder if I would have been better with a Savage or Howa or just a cheaper brand gun.
Never heard anything bad about the Tikka, except perhaps the short magazine length; bought my first last year Tikka Lite in 300 WM and it shoot great, recoil is modest (brake) and working up loads (Hammer) was a cinch…followed Steve Davis' advice…174 HH's loaded to mag length…voila …1/2" groups! It's really that simple,

The Winchester EW is a very nice rifle. The ones I have and have loaded for have been accurate. they are well built and run smooth like butter. for a generational gun I can think no better hand-me-down than a CRF Winchester M70.
Yes they are. I wish I could get a few more of these EW's. Also the LR is very nice. I have one in .243 Win and would like a couple more.