Rifle recommendations for 6.5PRC

Thanks to everyone that contributed and help me decide on a rifle. I wanted to update the thread and share that I got a Seekins Havak Element in 6.5prc. I also just sent off payment for a Swaro scope from another forum member here. Now I just need to pick up some proper height rings and I'll be set. (Let me know if you are looking to part with some 30mm Seekins rings.)

The rifle looks amazing, and I think the balance is great. When shouldered it doesn't feel light or heavy, it just feels natural. Cycling the bolt is a little rougher than I expected, but I'm just now tearing it apart to clean and lube it. So hopefully that will help some.

Unfortunately, life and distance to a shooting spot make trigger time challenging. I'm hoping I can get her in the next week or two.

Also, those carbon fiber mags are sweet. Unbelievably light but still more rigid than any other mag I have handled. I think the design of the mag release is nifty also, hopefully it works as well as expected in the field at preventing unintended mag drops.

Semi-Custom!
I read a comment in a forum recently that basically stated that the 2K range had the highest level of disappointment in purchased rifles. CA being the center piece I believe...

People are happy with the $500 Ruger American or the $6000 full custom. The 2K range is just right for being disappointed.

If you are are willing to do the leg work and source the parts, a semi custom might be the best route for satisfaction.

I've got one semi custom Rem 700 that I love! I'm building another one now.

I've got a Bergara premier ($2k) that I've fought light primer strikes and stock torque with. It shoots great when its shooting.

I'm moving to all custom /Semi custom with my new rifles. I just feel that I can control more by doing that.

Best of luck!
HW

Thanks to everyone that contributed and help me decide on a rifle. I wanted to update the thread and share that I got a Seekins Havak Element in 6.5prc. I also just sent off payment for a Swaro scope from another forum member here. Now I just need to pick up some proper height rings and I'll be set. (Let me know if you are looking to part with some 30mm Seekins rings.)

The rifle looks amazing, and I think the balance is great. When shouldered it doesn't feel light or heavy, it just feels natural. Cycling the bolt is a little rougher than I expected, but I'm just now tearing it apart to clean and lube it. So hopefully that will help some.

Unfortunately, life and distance to a shooting spot make trigger time challenging. I'm hoping I can get her in the next week or two.

Also, those carbon fiber mags are sweet. Unbelievably light but still more rigid than any other mag I have handled. I think the design of the mag release is nifty also, hopefully it works as well as expected in the field at preventing unintended mag drops.
Looking forward to hearing how you like it - hope it treats you well!

Clean it and cycle a ton with a little lube. It gets better. Way better.
I did that and it improved, but not to the degree I would hope is the final result. I'm wondering if it's just the way it will be since the action/bolt is a mix of steel and aluminum.

I think the element is steel inside of aluminum right? I would think any interface between the bolt and receiver has to be. On my Hit rifle the bolt feels like glass if you try to push toward the bolt release or down. Kinda hard to explain but play with it to see. It's not a custom action but when operated the right way mine feels really good and there is very little play in it.

I think the element is steel inside of aluminum right? I would think any interface between the bolt and receiver has to be. On my Hit rifle the bolt feels like glass if you try to push toward the bolt release or down. Kinda hard to explain but play with it to see. It's not a custom action but when operated the right way mine feels really good and there is very little play in it.
Yes, but I think the steel is just the bolt head and the chamber and sleeve into the front of the receiver. So once the steel bolt head is pulled back out to about the beginning of the ejection port, it is riding on aluminum. I could be mistaken though. I'll keep working it and see how it improves. It's not a big negative for me though, more of an observation I wanted some feedback on.