Rifle recommendations for 6.5PRC

In your price I would go with the seekins ph2 which can be had under 2k. If you want something shorter there is bergaras new crest on the way. As far as the reamer reach out to the manufacturer that you choose, some have already opened up the chamber so the aw2 isn't needed. I have the CA long range and for the money to buy new I would pick the seekins.

In your price I would go with the seekins ph2 which can be had under 2k. If you want something shorter there is bergaras new crest on the way. As far as the reamer reach out to the manufacturer that you choose, some have already opened up the chamber so the aw2 isn't needed. I have the CA long range and for the money to buy new I would pick the seekins.
Thanks for the advice. I am definitely intrigued by the Seekins options. I have a couple challenges though. One is weight, it seems the only option under 6.5 lbs (I'd like to be around 6lbs give or take, though this is an arbitrary number) is the Element which also comes with a notable price jump. Second, the 90 degree bolt is a bit more undesirable than options in the 70 degree offerings.

Bergara seems like an attractive option in their Premier Mountain series. It's a tick over 6lbs, under $2k, seems to be well liked, though does still have a 90 degree bolt.

Fierce has a few options that check all the boxes, at a price though. Maybe that price is worth it?

Not to be a stinker but I owned a 6.5 PRC and it's going down the road. Great caliber but for deer my Tikka CTR 6.5 Creedmoor is more than adequate, doesn't have any sizing issues that require a reamer, has double the barrel life, easier to find components, less recoil, less powder and available in more rifles.
I hear you, but it is very unlikely I will be putting high round counts down the barrel. The extra velocity would give me a little more comfort if I were to find myself in need of using it for something a bit bigger, though planned use is deer and smaller.

It isn't super light, but I really like the Sako S20 Hybrid. It is very well balanced.

Tikka has some stuff that should fit your requirements.

Thanks for the advice. I am definitely intrigued by the Seekins options. I have a couple challenges though. One is weight, it seems the only option under 6.5 lbs (I'd like to be around 6lbs give or take, though this is an arbitrary number) is the Element which also comes with a notable price jump. Second, the 90 degree bolt is a bit more undesirable than options in the 70 degree offerings.

Bergara seems like an attractive option in their Premier Mountain series. It's a tick over 6lbs, under $2k, seems to be well liked, though does still have a 90 degree bolt.

Fierce has a few options that check all the boxes, at a price though. Maybe that price is worth it?
The element is lighter and has a shorter barrel than the ph2. I've shot both types of the seekins and they shoot great. And based on experience with some friends seekins has top notch service. I would pick The element over the fierce in that price point.

The element is lighter and has a shorter barrel than the ph2. I've shot both types of the seekins and they shoot great. And based on experience with some friends seekins has top notch service. I would pick The element over the fierce in that price point.
Thanks for the advise. I am continuing to be drawn to the Seekins.

I didn't have the same weight criteria as you but was keeping it in mind, not to give you even more confusing options but might I suggest that you check out Springfields 2020 waypoint, which comes with a nice cf stock and barrel as well as a good action. seekins is also desirable, I've been eying their havoc ph2. bergaras mountain rifle is also a good pick, the only thing keeping me from it is the barrel option. and, though I haven't found much on it but the sig cross seems to be decent if you can get past that it has a chassis not a stock. if I had the means I would buy bergaras MG lite but...

as for the PRC... I have a 6.5 cm and love it. but became aware of how "small" it is compared to most mid-big game cartridges. so I started looking for a larger caliber that would be more appropriate for most game and considered the standard 308, 270, 300 win mag and 300 WSM, but decided at the time that I wanted to stay within the .264 caliber family and go with the 6.5 PRC for its larger case capacity and therefore higher velocity among other things. but it was brought to my attention that my concerns about it, namely shorter barrel life, difficulty reloading and finding components and the price of factory ammo, were already solved with my 6.5 cm.

realistically, how far are you going to take a shot, generally as long as with you can fire 120gr eldm @ 500yds at 1500 fps (which you can) your golden. someone pointed out an important point "bullets matter more than headstamps"

the Swedish have been killing caribou AND MOOSE! with the 6.5by55 for a long time, granted, not at long distances

those are my few words, keep I mind that my point of view is from a fund limited person wanting a rifle to shoot with in the off season and hunt with in season and to be able to reload for it

Assuming the Seekins PH2 has the same quality as the HIT I just bought in 6.5 PRC I'd vote for that. Can be found for well under 2K. I've got about 50 rounds through mine with Norma GT 143 grain and it shoots really well. There's other easy ways to lose a pound besides a rifle. The fact that they build those with the stretched mag length is huge for a 6.5 PRC as you can seat out bullets as needed for wear or if you want to run 156 gr. As long as the 90 bolt isn't a deal breaker.