Votes: 5 4.6%
  • Savage 110 ultralight

Votes: 13 12.0%
  • Christensen arms ridgeline

Votes: 13 12.0%
  • Seekins Havak

Votes: 37 34.3%

• Total voters
Hello all I'm trying to get some insight on reliability,accuracy and fit and finish is on few thangs I'm looking for here are few different rifles in the 1200 to 2000 dollar range that I've looked at

Any real world insight on these would be help also might add I'm looking at these in 30 cal I've handle most of the ones one the list and and have shot a few of them but I'm tore what to go with I want a rifle that will last my life time and be able to hand down to one of my boys one day.thanks again
I would look at the Howa's and Weatherby Vanguard. Howa makes the Vanguard for Weatherby. I have a Vanguard in 257 Weatherby that shoot 1/2" with factory Weatherby ammo. I have a Howa Carbon Stalker on order. It only weighs 6 pounds 2 oz. and is threaded.

I've found that just about my of the factory offerings these days shoot extremely good unless there's a problem. I'd probably steer away from browning just because it's hard to get them re barreled. Really love the way they feel and shoot though. The 300wsm tikka of my brothers shoots extremely good and had good build quality.A lot of recoil though without a brake and the trigger wasn't my favorite but still plenty usable out of the box. I have the Mesa LR in 300 prc and it's an extremely accurate rifle with hand loads. Smooth action. They shortened the action when they trued it so it's no longer a 700 LA footprint and the bedding was just ok. Definitely a dab of blue locktite on the action screws would have been a good idea. I'd probably build if I was in your shoes. Buy in stages if that's what it takes. I'd stay away from the composite stocks and be solid aluminum type of some sort. In the process of helping a friend build off a savage 110 Utra light and finding these things like the thick recoil lug bottoms out in his bell and Carlson. Doesn't ride straight in the barrel channel, some other stuff. Currently waiting on an ARC nucleus for myself after a lot of conversations for another 300 prc build. Hope whatever you do comes out excellent

Apparently you aren't intent on going ultralight which makes the choice easier. I like tikka because they are reliable in my experience as well as accurate and, just as importantly to me, they can be modified. You may have to look around but you can find their stainless steel models in laminated stocks which can be altered relatively easily. Many of the other stainless rifles are in hollow fibre stocks which are very expensive, (or is that invasive) to modify. Even tikka's fibreglass stocks have interchangeable grips and fore ends, and I like their more upright grip because it gives my hands better placement on the trigger, but shortening the pull by 3/4 of an inch on them was still a major effort, unlike their laminates. This is a problem I find with most modern fibre stocks. You would think the manufacturers would come up with a better plan than the one size fits all situation.

Hello all I'm trying to get some insight on reliability,accuracy and fit and finish is on few thangs I'm looking for here are few different rifles in the 1200 to 2000 dollar range that I've looked at

Any real world insight on these would be help also might add I'm looking at these in 30 cal I've handle most of the ones one the list and and have shot a few of them but I'm tore what to go with I want a rifle that will last my life time and be able to hand down to one of my boys one day.thanks again
One of each!

Looking at a Savage 110 precision. What discouraged you with your buddies purchase?
I'll start by saying that I owned a pre accutrigger 110 and was a excellent rifle for the $$. The trigger on my buddies new savage started to lighten up on its own and then the misfire's started. I've read that these issues are possibly connected and can be fixed relatively easily but with less than 40 rounds shot down range I think this is unacceptable. He's going to send it back but haven't heard the best about their CS either. Do a search and you'll see this is a ongoing problem with the accutrigger.

I've had good luck with Browning and Savage. But my best is Thompson Center Icon in 30/06, yeah I know they don't make it any more , that is a shame, but there is the after market

Ed

I've had good luck with Browning and Savage. But my best is Thompson Center Icon in 30/06, yeah I know they don't make it any more , that is a shame, but there is the after market

I had a T/C 6.5 CM LLR, Very poor accuracy, sent it in because the barrel was broached with a hammer and chisel. This was last week, and an email informed me under warranty, it was unrepairable, and would be destroyed. With a replacement of a S&W SB-10 in .308 CAL. I said no way, send me my money back, which they agreed to do. I was told T/C is out of business with no prospects in sight, and there are no repair parts available. That does't say much for Smith & Wesson either as they have apparently dropped the 6.5 CM SB-10 as it not listed anymore. I'm waiting to see if they return the tax, shipping etc. also.
I also have a Savage .22LR and really like the Accu-trigger, with a 1 1/4 lb break. Probably 1000+ rounds.

I had a T/C 6.5 CM LLR, Very poor accuracy, sent it in because the barrel was broached with a hammer and chisel. This was last week, and an email informed me under warranty, it was unrepairable, and would be destroyed. With a replacement of a S&W SB-10 in .308 CAL. I said no way, send me my money back, which they agreed to do. I was told T/C is out of business with no prospects in sight, and there are no repair parts available. That does't say much for Smith & Wesson either as they have apparently dropped the 6.5 CM SB-10 as it not listed anymore. I'm waiting to see if they return the tax, shipping etc. also.
I also have a Savage .22LR and really like the Accu-trigger, with a 1 1/4 lb break. Probably 1000+ rounds.

Back in '58, I purchased a Parker Hale .270, my first rifle $179 of hard-earned grocery store carry out wages of 65 cents per hr.
Took care of all the local farmer's groundhog problems using factory ammo. After many moose, deer, and a bear or two I got into handloading, I found that five rounds all touched at 100 yds. was what this rifle was capable of.
I moved to British Columbia (Griz country) switched rifles for .338 and the .270 went to the back of the safe for about 30 years. Pulled her out just about two months ago and she shot 5 rounds and all touching 3 through the same hole at 100 meters.
I decided then and there that I didn't need the fancy rifle that I was looking at at the time.

I'll start by saying that I owned a pre accutrigger 110 and was a excellent rifle for the $$. The trigger on my buddies new savage started to lighten up on its own and then the misfire's started. I've read that these issues are possibly connected and can be fixed relatively easily but with less than 40 rounds shot down range I think this is unacceptable. He's going to send it back but haven't heard the best about their CS either. Do a search and you'll see this is a ongoing problem with the accutrigger.
I have a .22LR Savage about 6 months old and it has about a 1000 rounds on it. The trigger is 1 1/4 lb and breaks well. I hope yours was an isolated issue😉.